My brother is a 3rd year med student so I'm always throwing stuff at him, testing his knowledge, double checking him against my drs. Big sis just trying to help. Anyway he seems to think I may have ankylosing spondylitis, which I totally suspected but has never been looked into. Here's why he suspects it. If you have it let me know if my symptoms match and if so, what do I do?
* low back pain daily (from waist line down)
* stiffness in low back worse with rest
* low back solidifies with rest. Feels like my back turns to cement at night and I wake up unable to even move.
* upper back/neck pain ON the spine daily
* muscle tension/pain around neck from spine
* neck pain worse with rest
* VERY STIFF each morning, feels like I've been hit by a train each night & have to take a hot shower & stretch to get movinG & warm up & sometimes that doesn't even work
* hips and shoulder stiffness & pain daily but not as bad as back & neck
* pain & stiffness in ankles & heels, hurts to bear weight in mornings
* arms go numb from shoulder down at night if I sleep in my side
* sensitivity to light, worsening vision
* occasional migraines
* increased pain with weather changes, exercise, & rest
* difficulty sleeping
* IBS with constipation
I'm a 34 y.o. F, one pregnancy/one child (who is 12), non smoker, occasional drinker, no illegal drugs. I'm a special ed teacher/therapist, wife, and mom/stepmom in a stable, safe relationship. Okay go!