Of course it had to happen today, of all days! Started feeling this twinge of pain last night, and it automatically knew it was another stinking abscess popping up already. Wouldn't you know, it was! It's not blistered up yet so that's a good thing. It's just damn annoying already especially on a holiday weekend. It's small enough that it can wait til I can get back to the surgeons office again, cause undortunately the only thing that works with them is a good old fashioned I&D and irrigate the crap out of it. I ain't got time for this crap anymore!! Sorry, just needed to get it out! And of course, it's on the inside of my butt cheek(sorry, tmi). Hoping everybody has a great Thanksgiving. Getting ready to head over to my moms house today. Remember, don't each too much turkey!
Amanda I'm sorry that this is happening on today of all days. After you take your tub soaks have you been cleaning the tub with bleach. I know I learned the hard way about that. Back in the 90's my daughter got a boil and it ran thru my husband and me, I was the worst towards the end I had over twenty across my lower stomach. It makes me cringe just thinking about it. By the time it was all over with I had a place on my breast it was as red as a fire truck and had a hard knot on it ,they put me in hospital and wrapped a moist heat around it the next morning my breast was black. They did a I&D and flushed it out the inscion was about 3 inches deep they stuffed iodine packing and 2 days later let me go home. They left it open and it healed from the inside out it took 3 months. That was the last time I had one. But they told me to everytime I took a bath to bleach the tub . Will keep you in my prayers and sending hugs .
Amanda, I am sorry you have a pain in the tookus today of all days when you will be sitting at a table I hope the dining chairs aren't too hard. I really hope this isn't TMI, if it is I apologize in advance. I have chronic yeast issues in skin folds. (I'm a big girl). It had gotten to the point that prescription and over the counter meds stopped working, I read about coconut oil on the Internet (it has natural antibacterial and anti yeast properties) I decided what the heck and tried it and it worked. My daughter then began researching essential oils and found a recipe that combined coconut oil with essential oils for bacteria/yeast. She mixed me up a batch and it worked, not overnight but within hours (seriously). Now my daughter, sister, and I all use it. It is amazing. I believe you said you have MRSA, I don't know if this would work for that but if you want to give it a try I can get you the recipe. Who knows it might help. I would have never believed how well it worked if I hadn't tried it myself. It works quicker and more efficiently than any prescription med ever worked for me. Just thought I'd mention it. God bless you sweetie, my Mom had MRSA and it is horrible. You are in my prayers.
@iann, I couldn't even sit at the table. Had to come home before even eating dinner with my family. And yes, definetly a pain in the Tookus alright. And yes, I do have MRSA and it is horrible. I would not wish this on anyone at all.