Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

another newbie!

Oct 04, 2015 12:04 AM

Hello all, finally decided to enter the community and I wish I'd done it sooner. I have RA, fibromyalgia, cervical spinal stenosis, 2 bulging disks and peripheral neuropathy, IBS...There's more but well, you know......shew! Seems my list keeps growing and I wish I knew why. It seems the harder I try to get well, the worse I become. Anyway, I'm just coming off of an extended flare vacay, if you know what I mean. It's been almost more than I could bear this time. Anyway, just want to say hello.

Oct 04, 2015 12:10 AM

Btw, I gave myself the name sleeping beauty because I actually sleep an avg of 18 hrs when I'm in a flare. Great for the diet but terrible on the muscles.
Anyone else do this?

Oct 04, 2015 12:46 AM

Yes at times but other times I have insomnia. With pain and lack of sleep that sucks to. All of my flare ups are different

Oct 04, 2015 1:07 AM

I hear you there tax, I generally sleep in 2-3 hour increments. It makes everything worse in my opinion, when you're sleep deprived and in pain. Welcome sleepingbeauty. I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues with your body. I hope the doctors can get answers for you and ease your flare ups and pain. ✌️❤️

Oct 04, 2015 6:31 AM

Well taz and anonymous 1971, I actually suffer from either as well. Last night proved to be a fitful night despite pain meds and other meds that make me sleepy. I finally got up a couple hrs ago. Nerve pain from the top of my head to my toes, literally. The sheets even hurt me. Plus joint pain everywhere. I hate all this. We all are suffering in ways that is so difficult to try to explain to those who love us. I'll pray for all of you today. Thanks for the replies. It helps.

Oct 04, 2015 8:33 AM

Hello Sleepingbeauty!! Welcome to our community. I am glad that you found us but sorry that you are suffering with such pain. I, too, have been getting worse and worse over the years despite trying my best to get better. I have over a dozen diagnosis in the last 22 years, some autoimmune, some orthopaedic, ALL painful. We are a close and willing bunch of pain warriors who are always available to come to the rescue when one of us needs support. There are no judgements here and nobody need worry about ever saying they're sorry for "ranting" or venting. It doesn't matter your mood, we're here to help. I pray that you find the support and information you need here with us. I wish you the very best and will keep you in my prayers. I hope you all have a peaceful and light pain Sunday. 🙏🏻🌻

Oct 04, 2015 12:39 PM

Thanks alwazinpaim! I'm truly sorry that are in such pain. God bless

Oct 04, 2015 4:04 PM

What I would give to have that much sleep but without the pain lol.....welcome to the group I'm glad I joined since no one really understands me and I have been battling RA FM MIGRAINES just to list a few

Oct 04, 2015 4:12 PM

Welcome to the community Sleepingbeauty! I completely understand the excessive growing number of issues! This year sjogrens, hypothyroidism, & tremors jumped on board the train. Lol. I either sleep 5 solid hours before fitful sleep 2-3 hours, or I get insomnia, or wake every 1-2 hr all night. I only remember sleeping excessive hours twice in my life (53 yr); once I had a severe flu for a week and slept 72 hours; once I had mononucleosis and slept 12-15 hours per day for 6 weeks. Until 2007 I slept like the average healthy person. But that's when my fibro symptoms started, though I was not officially dx until 2012.

This community and app is awesome support with lots of info. I'm glad I found it, and everyone else did too. I hope you gain as much as we all have. Good luck! You'll be in my prayers. 🙏🌼

Oct 04, 2015 4:46 PM

Thanks! Glad to be here among people. who REALLY understand.

Oct 06, 2015 4:42 PM

Hello i just found out i have bulging disc in my neck also , and yes other things it really needs to be addressed, this disease is affecting so many people, i am new to this site too

Oct 06, 2015 4:48 PM

I hope you get answers. I feel for you.

Oct 06, 2015 4:55 PM

Welcome Sleeping beauty and Cherl65. To our family of chronic pain. There is a lot of great compassionate people here who will listen to you, and try to help as much as possible. You can rant and rave all you need too,we all have at one time or another and probably will again. I am sorry you are going thru all of this.

Oct 06, 2015 4:57 PM

Thank you weezie 12! I'm already really happy to be here!

Oct 06, 2015 6:45 PM

I am new to this community as well and have a lot of what everyone else has. I had 3 cervical discs (c5,6&7)herniate and slide forward and pinch my brain stem to the point of total numbness in a 2 week period. ..thank God for surgery. I am now dealing with a creepy itching feeling down the back of my right arm, under the arm and the outside of my breast along with neuropathy, Raynauds, occipital neuralgia, anxiety, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia. I saw this app and thought I would give it a try.

Oct 06, 2015 6:52 PM

I sleep a lot, great fully I still work= thanks to pain Med= I sleep 14 hrs a someday more few are less, I have to have a nap everyday

Oct 06, 2015 6:55 PM

Without my medicines I would not sleep but due to my medicines I can sleep for over 12 hours if I didn't have to get up for work everyday.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community