Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Anxiety

May 07, 2016 9:55 PM

How can anxiety go away for awhile then all of a sudden it's back. Can anxiety happen if you have fagiue pain through your body. How do you ignore people that complain. You don't really who is doing what anymore except me hubby. Why this happen.

May 08, 2016 7:15 AM

Hi FluffMeister anxiety is your mind and body letting you know you need support and to talk. It might feel stronger when you are fatigued and worn out trying to cope with pain. Pain can quicken your heart giving that jittery feeling that comes with anxiety. Positive self talk can calm it down and talking with people you trust. Focus on something you enjoy...a funny tv show, silly YouTube videos, sharing a joke with your hubby can help cheer you up and take your mind off those annoying complainers. Be kind to yourself and know that you are amongst a caring community here.

May 08, 2016 7:16 AM

Yes it can and the body & mind is tired of the constant pain and illness.? Maybe time for pain anxiety therapy?
Ignoring people is a personal coping skill. Hear what they say but do not take it to heart. They may have a helping word in there somewhere? Tell them how it makes you feel when they say hurtful words? Communication is key?

May 08, 2016 3:50 PM

Fluffmeister, I've fought anxiety on & off since 1988. It seems to happen when I'm under the most stress, emotionally, & physically. Relaxation tends to help me work through it best. Deep breathing and refocusing my attention to enjoyable things also works. Learning to not let what others say bother you is a learned behavior. It doesn't mean you have to ignore them or keep silent. It means learning to ignore their rude & uneducated remarks. It also comes with speaking up for yourself in a caring way, in order to let them know how and why you hurt. It's ok to cry and let them see you cry. Venting is a pressure valve opening, and it helps. But when you can't do this it's sometimes best to walk away. Hugs & prayers! 🙂💕🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community