Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Any tips.

Jan 09, 2017 6:43 AM

I am going to my first rheumatologist appointment on the 12th. Any suggestions to make it go easier and get a diagnosis?

Jan 09, 2017 7:33 AM

If you have been tracking your pain, mood, etc. Can use printed out reports & graft to print & the with you. A list of your meds, when do take them and doses. Your family history & your personal health history.

Jan 09, 2017 11:07 AM

Also write out any questions etc..you might have. If you are like many of us you get to your appt then forget a lot of things you wanted to bring up.

I have a typed paper I print out and bring with me. On it I list my address and phone number. My insurance numbers and phone numbers. My doctors with addresses and phone numbers. My pharmacy info. Then I list all my medications - both prescription and over the counter. Their strength and how often I take them. I list all my diagnosis and all my surgeries.

For me it's just easier plus when you fill out the new patient sheet they give you most of that info will be on my paper so instead of writing it all out I just say "see attached sheet" and give them a copy of my print out.

Jan 09, 2017 3:49 PM

Good job Mimikay. I am trying to get that done plus printouts of pain charted for last few months.

Jan 09, 2017 3:59 PM

It's really been a huge help to me to have everything printed out. Since its saved on my computer I can make copies whenever plus make the needed changes on medications etc. So under my name and address I put the date its updated. This helps me and my doctors to stay in too of things. I can also go in and just print out the medication page each time I go to my doctors so they can have an updated list of my medications.

With my memory being like it is - this really helps. I also keep an updated copy in my purse so if something were to happen to me their would be all the pertinent info an EMT or Dr. would need. Especially when on a trip like now - visiting my son.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community