Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

back pain

Feb 11, 2017 6:55 PM

everybody what should i do about my back pain its bothering me

Feb 11, 2017 8:19 PM

Have you tried soaking in a hot bath with 1-2 cups of Epsom bath salts for at least 20 minutes, or do you have a tens machine? If you put the pads just above the area of pain and switch it on it should disrupt the pain signals therefore leaving you with less pain.

Hopefully You'll find something that will ease your pain.
Sending you positive vibes and warm healing hugs xx

Feb 11, 2017 8:22 PM

sezzy what is a tens machine

Feb 11, 2017 8:30 PM

A tens machine is a little machine that has replaceable pads with a gel like substance where you place the pads with the gel on to or just above the area of pain. The little machine connected to the pads sends down electrical impulses to disrupt the pain therefore making the pain more manageable.

If you search "tens machine" on Google it should come up with pictures and more in depth discription

Feb 11, 2017 8:32 PM

where do i get it

Feb 11, 2017 8:36 PM

Amazon sells them, as do most pharmacies and any medical equipment shop

Feb 11, 2017 8:42 PM

These are a couple of links on to the American Amazon. I think the cheapest there was about $20

Feb 11, 2017 8:43 PM

I hope thus helps xx

Feb 11, 2017 8:46 PM

EBay also sells them

Feb 11, 2017 9:15 PM

Moist heating pad, rotated with ice pack. Gentle stretching, massage

Feb 14, 2017 3:40 PM

does anyone know why my back has been hurting for sooo long???

Feb 17, 2017 10:28 AM

sezzy i wonder if i need back sergery omg!.

Feb 17, 2017 2:50 PM

You won't know what's wrong unless you see a doctor

Feb 17, 2017 3:03 PM

Angellove if you feel that you may need surgery then you really must go to see your Dr and talk to them about how bad your back is. I think they may need to do x rays or MRI's to see what is going on, then you can discuss what will be needed to be done to help your back and reduce your pain.

I wish I knew the best way forward but that's for you and your doctor to work out.

I hope your able to find some relief soon xx

Feb 18, 2017 6:08 PM

hey sezzy i went to the dr and he said i have a lumbar sprain omg

Feb 18, 2017 7:19 PM

That sounds painful anglelove

Feb 19, 2017 2:15 PM

Angellove that sounds painful but something that doesn't need surgery Thank heavens. In my experience a sprain is very painful, more painful than a breaking a bone....that is according to my son's reactions.....he went thro a 2 year period where he'd had 17 x rays and 8 casts for broken bones and the times where he'd only sprained muscles and pulled tendons he was in more pain!....I hope the doctor has given you something like ibuprofen or naproxen which will not only help with the pain but will also help with any swelling in the area.

I hope you heal quickly and the pain reduces soon for you xx

Feb 19, 2017 4:16 PM

Did they tell you to put heat on it

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community