Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Brain Fog

Dec 21, 2016 12:44 PM

Anyone having issues with this? It really seems to be getting worse, I'm so forgetful, even from one moment to the next. I have a very detail oriented job and I'm making so many mistakes I'm surprised I'm not fired yet ☚ī¸. Any suggestions for supplements that help? I'm 45 so I really shouldn't be this senile lol.

Dec 22, 2016 12:18 AM

Danielle you're not the only one with fogginess, there is many of here with it. Some of the things people have suggested are this like brain training games, I like suduko and puzzle games, and the reading. Atm I don't have the patience for reading.
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what else there is I can advise.

Sending you positive vibes and warm healing hugs xx

Dec 22, 2016 12:31 AM

I literally got diagnosed with adult ADD about 2 years ago but now I'm pretty sure it's fibro fog

Dec 22, 2016 7:51 AM

Thanks guys, I read constantly except if I'm in a bad flare. I totally feel like I have Ad/Hd! Ugh sometimes people talk to me and it's like noise, I hear it but it's not penetrating. I love this group and I thank you for your help. Have a nice holiday #tryingnottoflare

Dec 22, 2016 8:31 AM

Danielle, you're not senile!! You should look up older threads here in the forum, this topic has been discussed at great length.. you may find some tips there that I can't think of at the moment. Sending well wishes. 💕😊

Dec 22, 2016 8:36 AM

Alwayzinpain thanks I'll do that, ironic that you can't remember the tips lol 😂😂. We'll all lose it together ❤😊đŸ’ĒđŸŧ

Dec 22, 2016 8:42 AM

Danielle 😂😂😂

Dec 23, 2016 12:19 AM

@Danielle I also have Fibro fog and at times it is so bad that I can't walk from one room to another without forgetting why I was on my way there... I literally write on a sticky note what I am going to do and walk with it in my hand in case I forget (I'm 28 years old!!!)

The other day I was driving along a road I have driven on a million times and forgot where I was. I felt completely lost and wasn't sure why I was driving either. 😨 this was the one and only time though...

If you are very stressed your Fibro fog will get worse. Our brains aren't meant to multi-task. (Even normal people's brains). What I do is dedicate "time blocks" throughout my day for deep, focused work. They are an hour or two at a push but you can try 45min to begin with. This forces me to have breaks mentally AND I don't panic when I feel overwhelmed by "too much to do and not enough time".

I also have a play list on soundcloud with meditative/deep focus/thinking music. It helps me keep it in the zone!

You also need to make sure you not only "time manage" but be sure to "energy manage" too... you are going to have bad days but just keep doing the next best thing you can manage. That way you will always have a GOOD bad day and you will be able to play your part well.

Sending good vibes and gentle hugs 🌸

Dec 23, 2016 8:51 AM

Bravesnow thanks so much, your comments are very helpful. You're right, part of the problem at work is that I am always managing at least three things at once and none of them properly. I find myself saying out loud "one thing at a time!" Tomorrow is another day 😊. I know what you mean though it's crazy, I'll start to make a list and completely forget what to put on it! I appreciate your kindness, please take care of yourself 🙏🐠 (that's my "just keep swimming" fish lol)

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community