Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Burning

Nov 01, 2016 7:54 PM

I have had fibromyalgia for many years now and my shoulders have burned pretty much the whole time. NOW my neck, fore arms and wrists are beginning to burn too. I have lots of random twitching at night and also while asleep. Does anyone else deal with these symptoms that can give tips on managing the symptoms?

Nov 01, 2016 8:18 PM

Heather, welcome.. I have to ask you, the random twitching, is it your legs only or other areas as well? If it's your legs you could have restless leg syndrome. If it's all over, you may have something called a hypnogic jerk. I have it for many years (sometimes so severely that my entire body will flail and wake me up. I've thrown things in my hands because I jerk so hard. I have burning pain as well but moreover spasms and bones grinding, etc... I have DDD, DJD, and several other issues including RSD which causes horrible burning pain. Have you been back to the doctor since these changes have occurred? What meds are you on? I am sure there will be many folks who will come along and have other ideas and/or syptom similarities. In the meanwhile, I wish you well, send you positive vibes and good Karma. {{{Hugs}}}.💕

Nov 01, 2016 8:24 PM

The twitching is in my legs, hands, arms and if I am stressed out to the max I've had my neck sort of freeze and make my head sort of jerk. I am only on Prozac for the depression and low energy right now. I was taking something for sleep but it wipes me out for way too long. I have restless leg syndrome on occasion and that's different more restless this burning makes me want to itch. It's almost like stinging and if I scratch it it burns more. It wakes me up at night sometimes

Nov 01, 2016 8:24 PM

What are ddd djd and rsd?

Nov 02, 2016 1:07 AM

Sorry Heather.. Degenerative Disc Disease, Degenerative Disc Disease and Reflex, Sympathetic Dystrophy. Which also comes with complex regional pain syndrome.

Nov 02, 2016 3:07 AM

I have this burning all over 24 /7 and hypnotic jerks when I lie down also all over. I can't sleep most nights because it's so intense.

Nov 02, 2016 4:22 AM

any suggestions for managing the burning. I literally scar myself while sleeping itching my arms!

Nov 02, 2016 5:09 AM

The doctor told me lotion for burning and itching. It helps some. I have had that jerking all over for some time but it's not just at night. My doctor couldn't figure out why. I even went to neurology.

Nov 02, 2016 11:34 AM

Wish I did. I'm trying lyrica in conjunction with cymbalta right now. I'm still titrating up to a fibromyalgia dosage. I was on gabapentin before but it destroyed my memory so even though it worked most of the time I had to give it up.

Epsom salt baths do help some I find. And diet. I can't stress enough how much worse I am after I eat any dairy. It's weird.

Nov 02, 2016 3:20 PM

How did you figure out the diet part?

Nov 02, 2016 3:21 PM

And hope the new meds help

Nov 02, 2016 5:27 PM

I get it sometimes. Depending on the size of area affected you could try an analgesic lotion. I use white flower which has menthol. I also saw on one of the boards I follow someone mentioned a different one called two old goats that I ordered on Amazon and am just waiting for it to be delivered to try it. The white flower has menthol in it and I find the "cold" feeling overpowers the itch feeling.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community