Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Can't Sleep

Apr 06, 2016 6:03 PM

So it's 12am (midnight) here in the UK and I can't sleep. Later today I have an aptness with a psychologist to have an assessment for my lawyers and last time I leg a bit. I didn't lie much but, what I did Lee about us suicidal thoughts. She's assessing me for PTSD again and I don't know whether I can tell her about my social thoughts because if I do she might tell my mother (despite that being illegal - it's happened to me before) and in case she sections me.
Please help. I'm not feeling great right now 😕

Apr 06, 2016 8:40 PM

Not sure if you're still awake darling. My huge thing is talking to therapist to see how much they obey the client confidentiality. If they say that they will break it ' for your safety' they you need to weigh and figure out how to bring your thoughts up. I could maybe give you more ideas on how to talk about that kinda thing with a therapist with out the fear

Apr 07, 2016 4:52 AM

Hello GenderBentBoy,
I would appreciate the help. I have trust issues and 1 therapist betrayed me before.
My appointment is at 5pm but I have to start travelling at about 3 and so won't be on much after then but I will check in before I go in.
I fell asleep around 3-4 am and am very tired so I apologise in advanced for any spelling/grammar mistakes

Apr 07, 2016 7:37 AM

Forgot to mention, I'm (GMT+00:00) which means that I am UTC+00:00 so it is 1.37pm here now

Apr 07, 2016 8:18 AM

I'm so sorry you've not b been sleeping well. I hope you can sleep tonight, after your appt. And I pray the therapist will be a very good & trusting one for you. Hugs!!! 🙂💕🙏🌼

Apr 07, 2016 9:19 AM

Unfortunately flappy, this therapist is just there for one appointment to do an assessment. I do have a therapist though but she's new and I've not had her long so I'm still making sure she's trustworthy

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community