Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Can't sleep!

Aug 16, 2017 9:47 AM

So ever since my injury and since I put on the brace I haven't been able to sleep through the whole night. I wake up 3-5 times every night and the length of time I am up differs. Last night I was up for two hours after waking up three times before that. I am so tierd does anyone know what might help me sleep through the whole night? I've tried benadryl (sorry if o spelled it wrong) when I was sick and it has no effect on me.

Aug 16, 2017 9:49 AM

I’m using melatonin 10mg nightly. It helps a little. No side effects like with ambien or lunesta. Benadryl can cause people to stay awake all night instead of sleep. Depends how your body reacts to it.

Aug 16, 2017 11:16 AM

Sorry your struggling to sleep 😴 I find it really hard to sleep and I haven't found anything but I will be thinking of you πŸ’•

Aug 16, 2017 11:20 AM

Yes. You can buy at local pharmacy or grocery store. Sometimes they come in 3mg, 4mg or some odd number. You can start low and work your way up. My dad has chronic pain and he takes 20-30mg nightly. I started at 3mg and worked my way up. Take it 20 minutes before bed and be sure lights are off. Lightd disrupt the sleep cycle. I use a nighttime light bulb in my room. That helps too. It removes the daytime color spectrum so you can see but it won’t keep you up.

Aug 16, 2017 6:18 PM

Great thank you. I will definitely have to talk to my mom about getting some

Aug 18, 2017 6:23 AM

The pain in my entire leg has gotten worse, it feels like it is bruised. Whenever I touch too hard, which on my left leg isn't hard at all, I almost start crying. It keeps waking my up.

Aug 18, 2017 6:26 AM

That sound painful πŸ˜– Maybe if this hasn't happened before go and get it checked out? πŸ’•

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community