Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

carbon monoxide please read

Mar 20, 2016 9:59 PM

For months now my pain has been increasing. Sometimes I would tell my husband that it feels like the air is being taken from the room. My vision blurred overnight, pain in all my joints were getting to the point I would go to bed and cry myself to sleep. My husband has been going to the doctor because of his increasing weakness and heart rasing. I could go on and on with our increasing symptoms but I will go into that later.
I stumbled onto a site relating to our symptoms and became very curious after reading about carbon monoxide poisoning. We have an older home and after reading the article I immediately went downstairs and checked the ventilation on our hot water heater
I did the test just like instruction video and...OMG it wasn't venting at all! I had my son come over to help check the pipes
OMG TOTALLY CLOGGED! Leaves, sticks, squirrel fur,feathers etc. Now I'm really curious to see if we start feeling better. We both have doctors appointments this week. I will keep this updated as the week goes on. But in the meantime, please check for ventilation if you have gas appliances. .most people don't know that there is a problem till its too late.

Mar 20, 2016 10:19 PM

Dreambubble, I'm sorry you and your husband are both ill. I hope that clearing that vent helps. Thanks for the information! FYI, you can purchase a carbon monoxide alarm, much like a smoke detector. Our townhouse has them.

Mar 21, 2016 12:18 AM

Thank you Dreambubble, I too have a carbon monoxide alarm. .. But I better make sure the battery is ok as well in my smoke detectors. Thanks for the reminder and warning.

Mar 21, 2016 1:06 PM

OMG! I empathize totally! Turns out we are just under 2 mules from that massive methane leak, and the way the land is created a sort of channel that made some of that stuff flow over our street. We weren't told anything about it for over a month, during which I was having daily headaches that did not respond to pain meds at all. SoCal Gas didn't really let anyone know except the people in the same zip code who could smell that stuff every day. We only smelled it badly 2 or 3 times, but I had so many medical symptoms and even went to the ER - and we had only mild exposure! Other families had littles kids and babies and pets, and so far there are 2 wrongful death suits of older people!!!

I'm sooo glad you figured out what was wrong, that is so terrible! Weird Al's parents died from it a few years ago, as did Walt Disney's nearly 100 years ago. So scary!

Mar 21, 2016 2:57 PM

Dreambubble, I am so sorry for what happened to you and your husband.. Thank you so much for the eye opening and important post!! We ALL need to be conscious of this issue, it can be deadly and that would be a really horrible thing. {{{Hugs}}}💕🙏🏻🌻

Mar 22, 2016 10:35 AM

I am truly happy about being able to share with a community that cares I love this site I have many things to add. And this has helped me so much thank you

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community