Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

CBT

Oct 02, 2019 7:16 AM

Hi, I had a migraine with stroke symptoms at work this morning and the paramedics said I should try Cognitive behavioural therapy. They made me an appointment at my doctors this afternoon to book in for it but I was wondering what happens at a CBT session and has anyone here found it useful. Thanks x.

Oct 02, 2019 7:01 PM

I don’t understand how a migraine and stroke symptoms relate. Im glad you’re doing better though! I’m curious to hear your impression! I hope it helps!

Oct 04, 2019 9:24 AM

Thanks. It’s called Hemiplegic migraines, I’ve had daily headaches/migraines for 7 years but this year I’ve had two hemiplegic migraines (stroke symptoms) it seems I’m getting worse. I have my CBT booked now for in 2 weeks so fingers crossed it helps.

Oct 10, 2019 11:03 PM

You need to know your triggers. That means keeping a complete food diary, not just what you ate but the ingredients in each food, also there are other triggers such as lighting , paint colors of rooms, scents. My triggers are florescent lights, Amber colors, gluten, nitrates, and the scent of urine, lol. Oh and several food preservatives. Also in your diary you need to note how long it took from your warning sign to full pain. If you do not know your warning signs, think back to an hour from pain. Did you have any funny taste in the mouth, any smells in your head, did you have to run to the bathroom. Basically to find your warnings you should be asked to set down on paper counting 10 mins at a time what you noticed about your body, vision, smells, extra swallowing, just anything unusual. Good luck.

Oct 15, 2019 7:02 AM

Thanks very much 🙂 I have been keeping a diary haven’t noticed much yet but maybe in time. Lights are a trigger to me but not sure what else. Thank you x

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community