Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Checking In

May 04, 2016 10:13 PM

Hello my wonderful Pain Family. I hope that you are all hanging in there and that your pain loads are as light as they can be. I have to catch up on posts again as this week I have been running every day since Saturday to take Dad to his doctor appointments and running errands for my Mom or Dad to go to the store or pick up medications, etc.. On top of that, just over a week ago, I went to pain management and after manipulating my neck for range of motion, I am now back on a steroid pack and a higher dose of muscle relaxants because it's acting up again. I haven't had the time to get to my own ct scan with all the other things I'm taking care of for my family. Now, last night I found out that my older sister went for a P.E.T. Scan for her one year check and they found a cancerous tumor in her andomen. She went to the oncologist this evening and has to call the surgical oncologist tomorrow for a consult to have surgery and chemo again. She's scared to death and I'm scared for her. I'll be going with her to the appointment (even though she's never done anything for me except push me away and has NEVER taken me to a doctor appointment or visited me in the hospital in all 30 procedures I've had). At the end of the day, she's my Sister and that's what's important so I'll swallow all the other shit. Also found out that my Cousin's mom was just diagnosed with lung cancer. I have a lot to wrap my head around right now and with the weather being in the low 50's and raining for the last 5 days, I can't break my pain cycle so I'm kind of struggling with everything. It is what it is but I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been trying to read posts during all this and have been lurking but haven't been able to really think about what to say to everyone. As always you're all in my thoughts and prayers and always in my heart. You're all very important to me and without my peeps I wouldn't be able to function without knowing that I am there for y'all to help where I can. I promise I won't be away long and I'll do my best to catch up in the next few days. In praying that this week slows down so that I can get back to all of you. In the meanwhile, I am sending my love, gentle {{{Hugs}}} and prayers that you all have a blessed week and know I am thinking of you. 💕🙏🏻🌻😊

May 05, 2016 7:34 AM

AlwayZ, I'm sorry you are under so much stress right now. I'll be praying for your sister and your aunt, that they're able to have surgeries &/or chemo treatments needed, and not suffer so much from the treatments. And you & your parents are always in my prayers. I'm in PT for range of motion on my neck right now too. They stopped the traction due to headaches after. Hopefully you'll only need the steroid a short time. I opted things will slow down for you very soon. Sending lots of hugs, love, & prayers! 🙂💕🙏🌼

May 05, 2016 10:46 AM

Thanks Flappsy!! You're a very dear, dear friend. I'm glad that you are in physio to help get your neck better. They want to do fusion for me but I'm scared because there is so much degeneration and wires and things in my neck, they are afraid to remove the wires because they're so scarred in they feel they could paralyze me instead of doing something good. Well, I'm also concerned that the surgery could cause the vertebrae to degenerate faster and also cause spread of the RSD. There are many things to consider. I think I need a visit with my psych doc that they have through the pain management clinic. I always manage to find my way again and maintain the positive outlook I try to help all my peeps have.. So, sending gentle {{{Hugs}}} your way and as always, you're in my prayers!! Have a blessed day, Flappsy. 💕🙏🏻🌻😊

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community