Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Considering a visit to the doctors

Sep 20, 2017 12:51 AM

I work in a special needs school and the past couple of days I've been hit in the back pretty damn hard by one particular kid. My pain condition affects my upper and lower back so needless to say it affected me pretty badly. Considering taking the day off to go to the doctors and see if everything's okay(ish) and ask for a scan but also I don't want to risk losing my job by saying I can't come in because of my condition...

Sep 20, 2017 3:14 PM

That is a potential Workmen’s Comp. case. You need to go to the doctor as soon as possible. Any injuries sustained on the job, the employer is responsible for. But you need to report it and seek medical attention. Do not delay. Any Workmen’s Comp. case, they will drug test you. If they find certain drugs in your system, they can blame problem on you.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community