Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Costochondritis

Nov 01, 2016 9:43 PM

I think that is what this pain is. I've had it before, fairly recently. I've had it for ages, off and on, over 20 years.

I used to call it my "Hitch in my get-a-long". I always thought it was something ... else. I thought it was gas. Or a muscle spasm from stretching the wrong way (partly right).

I didn't connect it to Fibromyalgia.

I have been doubting whether my diagnosis of fibro was correct. I'm still not certain, but it's starting to look like maybe it's real.

Nov 01, 2016 10:08 PM

Ouch! My very healthy teenage son had costochondritis. It crippled him. You've got some serious moxie if you've been dealing with it on your own. You're one tough grannie!!

Nov 02, 2016 1:03 AM

I was diagnosed 3 years ago. Saw the orthopedic doctor as well as my GP. They did X-rays and a ct scan and found issues with my sternum. That's when they told me I had costochondritis. It is really hard when you flare up but, like everything else, it gets better and comes back with a vengeance. I've had it I long while. Eddie they could tell me what it was. Sending warm
Wishes and positive vibe for good healing.

Nov 03, 2016 10:29 AM

I have it with my fibro and osteoarthritis. Yeah, it sucks. It's always ached but the first time it was super bad I made my hubs take me to emergency. They were super helpful as always but at least confirmed that's what it was which is better than usual. I usually lay down with a heating pad on it when it gets super bad. **oft hugs*

Nov 03, 2016 6:16 PM

Hi, I think this is what I am dealing with now. I haven't been diagnosed with it ,but it sure sounds like it.....

Nov 12, 2016 8:46 PM

The heating pad sounds like a great comfort -- I'll reach for that next time, in conjunction with the Lamaze breathing I learned back in 1981. ;-)

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community