Becca I can't day that I have CPRS because doctors have no clue what i have but I can give pain advice and this is coming from someone not far off your age (15 years old).
-Find a doctor that is compassionate, that listens and that will give you tree time and help you need. Don't be afraid to try lots of doctors.
- Step you pain meds. This means making sure your always have some in your system even when your asleep.
- Make sure you consider the pros and cons of each drug before trying it and if you don't want to just tell them
- if you get a side effect even a minor one tell your doctor
- if you can try alternative therapies like acupuncture, acupressure and massage.
-If you can try natural medicines and supplements. For instance, and only as a last resort, I've herd kratom (mitragyna speciosa) is very good. I say as a last resort because it acts like morphine and some other drugs. EVEN SIMPLE THINGS LIKE GREEN TEA HELP SOME PEOPLE.
- Don't let the condition get the better of you. Find Someone you can talk to and let absolutely everything out to, it could be a family member a friend or a professional (councillor or therapist )
- Don't lose hope and don't let the condition get you down.
I'm always here for you, you can even make a thread with my name as the title as long as when you need me you can contact me
That helped a lot Reece!! I am on 2400 mg of gabapentin and 2 pills of 800mg of magnesium alongwith vitimin D, its so hard and stressful going to school and eeveryone being afraid to go near you! I have a hhypersensitive spot and that if you touch it I'llbe going through the roof... I definitely need more people in my life like you guys to talk to
Don't worry becca I have Allodynia and Hyperaesthesia. People cannot touch my back otherwise my pain causes me to have to fight off pain-induced shock. You could try adding calcium to your routine and is your vitamin D prescribed? because if not I know a really good one.
I use a wheelchair at school and have a lot of trouble operating it and avoiding my back and people can't even hug me. Becca I'd love to talk to you more about this it seems we have similar problems. Do you have kik or anything?