Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

crps

Oct 18, 2015 6:39 PM

Quick question. Does anyone have CRPS affecting their stomach?
I can hardly eat. Having horrible diarrah constantly and my abdomen is killing me. I am also puking aswell.

Oct 19, 2015 9:55 AM

Jenna, those things can come from stress as well. If you are over the top stressed, which I know you are, the guy is the first thing to react. Pain can also cause it. I would consult a gastro and get checked out for IBS just to be safe. Nausea is the worst sick there is.. I hate it and deal with it often.. I hope you get some answers and feel better soon. In the meanwhile, try some Gingerale.

Oct 19, 2015 10:40 AM

Yes I have it in GI tract

Oct 19, 2015 12:54 PM

Jenna,Mine went undiagnosed for 10yrs. Or more moved from Ga.to Washington State to get help ,when to the doctor with friends and was having a terrible flare up in his office, He ask if I had Complex Regional Pain heck I said I don't know what's wrong with me? I HAVE BEEN diagnosed with CAUSALGIA not really knowing what that ment...but the doctor that day order test and wrote all kinds of meds for me. And He really has HELP and stood by me and always gave me what I needed for pain never turn me away it took 5 yrs to find a CRPS Doctor that would do a trial version of the stimulator (dorsal )I have had it since June and I and off 2/3rds.of my meds and my Med bill a month was $1200.00,I am So Greatful of God for helping me get off without and rehabilitation I was on injectable morphine, oxycotion, fenyal pacthes,Clodine patches,morphine ER, ect... today it's 300.00 and I am getting my life back....So there is HOPE.

Oct 19, 2015 9:04 PM

Yes, CRPS affected my ability to eat, I lost 25 lbs (starting at 130) because I just couldn't eat. That was in a few months. So sorry you're dealing with this.

Oct 19, 2015 9:54 PM

I lost 40 lbs in the past 2 1/2 months :(

Oct 19, 2015 11:49 PM

I just end up losing everything I try eating. Sometimes I can handle food other times I can't handle a small bite.

Oct 20, 2015 2:22 AM

I had a neurostimulator implant put in several years ago. Because the pain starts in my neck and shoulders it was put in at C3. It came through the skin and had to be removed. I healed for 8 weeks and went back for a revision, to make a long story short, while it worked it was wonderful. They eventually placed a permanent lead at my brain stem (This was the FIFTH revision) and it was working but not steadily because the cervical spine is so mobile it is hard to get good contact. At any rate, I fell down the stairs and broke my arm and fractured my neck and broke the lead. So, I have so much scar tissue and wires and deterioration in my cervical spine that there is nothing left to be done. For those who don't have complications with them, neurostimulators can be a wonderful deterrent to pain. I'm glad to hear that it worked for someone.

Oct 20, 2015 8:57 AM

That's awful,
Do you notice there are some things that are better to eat overall. I tried to make myself eat. I'm also on a diet, although it's meat based so you can eat, and be full for awhile.

Oct 21, 2015 12:21 PM

Yams or Sweet Potatoe s I love eating them with squash (Acorn)

Oct 21, 2015 2:08 PM

Not much is "better or worse" all just kinda equal. Its really weird. I can hold down most liquids but sometimes they don't even hold down. Sometimes even when I don't eat I end up puking if I do too much movement.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community