Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Crps

Nov 06, 2015 12:23 AM

I developed crps 10 years ago, several years after an accident. The site of the pain is on right foot going up my right leg including my wound from my accident. They said it was a result of my accident and my sympathetic nervous system messing up. You all would know about it if you have it. But I am taking my oxycodone and Fentynal. I have been putting lidocaine patches on it hoping it would numb the burning. I also been taking my Geodon again because I thought it would help with nerve pain. Nothing is dulling the pain. Can anyone tell me what they do to help with the pain site. I have been in remission with it for years. The burning is worse than before. I don't have a tens unit anymore. Now the wounds and skin is turning color, getting cold and burning. I want to relieve the burning. Anything that can help that that you may know of would be appreciated.

Nov 06, 2015 9:10 AM

Profiler, first and foremost, if the area is getting cold, press gently on the area and see if the skin blanches. If it does, count how many second it takes for the normal color to come back. If it takes more than 3 seconds, you could also be dealing with circulation issues. Second, if you can, replace your tens unit. I feel that it will help you tremendously and you won't be suffering so. I was diagnosed with CRPS/RSD years ago and have never been in remission with it. I have pretty much all over my body.. Including in my mouth. Perhaps moist heat and elevating the area may bring some relief as well. I hope that you get some relief. I know it's miserable. Hang in there, my friend. I'm here if you need me and you don't have to be smiling either!! Sending you {{{Hugs}}} and you are in my prayers.💕🙏🏻🌻

Nov 06, 2015 9:51 AM

I'd available, try horny goat weed supplement (circulation issues), DMSO, lemon balm (nerve pain)

Nov 06, 2015 9:36 PM

I would not do a tens unit if you haven't in a long while. I reacted worse from it. There are the other additions that you could talk to your doctor about. Have you tried the sympathetic nervous blocks this time around? Lyrica? Ketamine compound cream? Medical marihuana? Clonazapam? Alpha lipoid acid? B complex? Max out the D? Osteopathic manipulation done by a DO? I also cannot do cold or hot compresses in the area of my Crps (hips down.) some of us can do Epsom salt baths believe it or not but it must be around 100 degrees. Go to www.rsdsa.org. This is a retched disease and we have to fight it with all we got. I pray cool calming waves of healing for you

Nov 07, 2015 6:48 AM

It definitely IS a retched disease!! I've had it for many years and it is effecting so many areas of my body, it's just aweful. Every time I have another surgery, it ends up settling in at that area. My back is a nightmare and my left arm, left leg, hands, neck, abdomen and right ankle. The burning is horrible. I feel sorry for a ton diagnosed with this. 🌻🙏🏻

Nov 07, 2015 9:18 AM

Truly

Nov 08, 2015 6:04 PM

Profiler, because I don't have this I can't offer advice. But I'm praying you will find some relief and soon! 🙏🌼

Nov 10, 2015 8:34 PM

I was just diagnosis with RSD / CRPS in my hands...it makes it so hard to continue with my job. Somedays I don't even think I'm going to make it. This is a horrible disease and I dislike it so much.

Nov 10, 2015 8:38 PM

Since I am having surgery on friday, should I be concerned that the RSD may make its way to my stomach ?

Nov 10, 2015 9:28 PM

That's how my RSD spread internally. But it differs from person to person and if your in a flare probably. I was in a flare when I had a surgery in my stomach and it spread there

Nov 10, 2015 11:40 PM

I guess only time will tell ;)

Nov 12, 2015 4:57 AM

Thanks for all your input

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community