Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Crps

Apr 26, 2016 11:45 PM

So a couple of months ago I hurt my foot and it still has a bump on it my mom said its crps and called my doctor asking them if I could take ketrolack and this is my 2 round since I hurt it nothing helps any more.started to bring my backpack around school with me but that's against the rules but it's easier than going to my locker

Apr 27, 2016 8:08 AM

Can your doctor write an order for it while in school?

Apr 27, 2016 12:49 PM

Yes, I believe you might need an advocate & your doctor can help. Whether it is him/her or someone else your doctor suggests to help in contacting your school in writing or whatever way is chosen. Please stay powerful, you know how your body is hurting, use that power to reach out for help. I wish you felt better. We all do.💐

Apr 27, 2016 1:55 PM

Definitely talk to your school. They are probably required to make an accommodation, especially if it's simple as carrying things with you. I don't think they can really say no.

Apr 30, 2016 6:54 AM

I have crps in my left arm and my mom talked to my school. I have been getting the hw sent to me and doing it at home instead. You should talk to/ have someone talk to your school.

Apr 30, 2016 12:07 PM

Horsesnuggler, I know you hurt your foot quite some time ago. Did you have it looked at by a neurologist? Have you had nerve conduction studies done to confirm that you have crps? The reason I ask is because of the lump. Perhaps it is in an area where you had a fracture and it healed incorrectly and that's why it still hurts. You may need to pay a visit to both an orthopedist and a neurologist to get a confirmed diagnosis on what is happening to you. As far as school, your doctor should be able to give you a note for the school that allows you to take your backpack with you throughout the day and then you won't have to deal with any crap from students or teachers that you have it. I wish you all the best of luck. {{{Hugs}}} 💕🙏🏻🌻😊

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community