Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

CRPS

May 14, 2016 11:07 PM

I'm so sorry that you have crps. Me too. It sucks.

May 14, 2016 11:13 PM

Hello Iam, sorry to hear you are suffering. I don't know very much about CRPS, but I am well acquainted with nerve pain in he upper regions of red scale. How did you get this dx? What happened first in your pain journey? How did they know what you had? Answer only if you are comfortable with to.
The last few days I have been ill with a stomach bug on top of the usual pain load. In between heading for the powder room, was parked on my heat pad full of my meds And some sips of my tincture.
When It gets hard to hold it together, I consider each & every pain management I know. I wish you had some relief.

May 14, 2016 11:40 PM

Silvrrry, I'm sorry to hear your Stomach hurts. I bumped my foot, after which I could limp, but the pain started getting worse, so I went to my doctor, who took an x-Ray to find that my foot was not broken, but advised me to use crutches. A few weeks later, the pain kept getting worse and my leg and foot were very cold to the touch. They told me that it was a circulation issue and to massage my foot. After massage did not help, I went back to my doctor who gave me a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. After an examination by the orthopedist, they told me that they suspected CRPS. They also gave me a referral to a physiatrist. The physiatrist confirmed the CRPS diagnosis, and prescribed PT and OT. I have been doing that for about a month and a half, but it had been getting worse.

May 15, 2016 9:40 PM

I have had crps for 9 and a bit years now. My triggering incident sounds a lot like you. I twisted my leg while snowboarding in January 2007. Saw a doc the next day as my foot was now hurting and I didn't want to walk on it. No break. No sprain. Just pain. Within a few weeks it looked all waxy and splotchy and I completely stopped weight-bearing due to the pain. In May I saw an orthopod (foot doc) to get an answer and she did a bone scan and diagnosed me with crps. Sent me to the pain clinic the next day for a nerve block.
I was 21 when this all started. Going to university. It was a life-changer.
But, I am living a life that I am happy with now. Obviously being in pain 24/7 wasn't in my original plan, but it is what it is.
I'm truly sorry that you've been given this diagnosis. But it is possible to not only get through your days, but to thrive and enjoy your days.

May 24, 2016 10:36 PM

It can get better but is very painful, depressing and isolating. Initially I had "hot" CRPS after a slight ankle sprain 15 years ago. It got better during pregnancy, for some reason. Now I have "cold" CRPS and am considering hyperbaric oxygen treatment or sympathetic block. It's very difficult.

May 24, 2016 11:40 PM

I have crps and I have taken every led that the doctor can give me but it doesn't cut the pain

May 26, 2016 8:34 PM

Has anyone had a sympathetic nerve block? I am considering a lumbar block for my foot CRPS pain. Can anybody share their opinion and/or experiences?

May 26, 2016 11:18 PM

Is that when they put the wires in
your back?

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community