Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Crps/myofacial

Nov 21, 2015 10:29 PM

Has anyone had a nerve conduction with the nureoligist he wants to try it to see how my nerves are and mucle tone please let me know very worried and scared to get it done thank you

Nov 21, 2015 11:29 PM

HABSprice16, I have had 3 nerve conduction studies. I had one done by one neurologist and the other two done by another. It depends on how compassionate and proficient they are at their job. As for me, I will be honest with you and tell you that it was extremely painful and that it it was a nightmare. They electrically give a charge to the muscle and they put needles into the spasming muscles. This will tell them if there is any interruption of the nerve signals to the muscles. Like I said, I have had 3 and I would rather suffer than have a 4th. I am sure there are others that have had them and will give you their opinion on their experiences. I'm sorry if I've frightened you more but better that you know ahead of time so you can be prepared for the procedure. I wish you the very best of luck and am sending reassuring {{{Hugs}}} and prayers that it is not as bad for you as it was for me. 🌻🙏🏻

Nov 21, 2015 11:34 PM

It was painful, and but I only had 1 done and it was in 1998. I don't know if the procedure has changed any.

Nov 22, 2015 1:48 AM

My doc already knew I was extremely hyper sensitive, so he gave me some sort term pain reliever. It was pretty strong, made the pain like a tickle instead of the horror everyone else talks about, but maybe it's just cause I'm young?

Nov 22, 2015 1:58 PM

Well I have a week to decide if I do it or not. Thank you so much for the info and yes a little more scared From hearing your time of having it done alwayzinpain but helpfully for me to decide

Nov 22, 2015 4:24 PM

HABSprice, I am so sorry that I frightened you. I believe in being honest so that you know what to expect. If it's not as bad, Bonus!! If it's bad, you will have had the opportunity to prepare yourself!! Sending you prayer bathed hugs and best wishes that whichever decision you make helps the doctors find a treatment that helps you.{{{{Hugs}}}}💕🙏🏻🌻🤗

Nov 22, 2015 5:01 PM

Theses of you that have had this done is it worth it? Does it have the neurologist treat the pain better? I have never even heard of this procedure so I am curious. Good luck with your decision HAB. What is your gut telling you to do?

Nov 22, 2015 5:05 PM

My gut says yes if it's going to give us answers but if it doesn't what's the point Iam still pondering the thought. I just don't want the pain of it to affect me more, I hate the pain we all go through and how unbearable it sometimes feels.

Nov 22, 2015 5:13 PM

HAB - my fear would be if it triggered me into a freaking flare!!

Nov 22, 2015 5:49 PM

Mine was not bad at all. More like getting pinched. Don't be afraid everyone is different and the test offers a lot of good data.

Nov 23, 2015 5:42 AM

Hi,

You haven't seen me post yet but my story is on a new thread. Anyhoo, I have had multiple EMG's done, and the only one that really hurt was the last one in my legs. I was told it hurt because of the nerve damage being as bad as it is. You are supposed to feel something but it's different for everyone. When I had my arms done to check on carpel tunnel I was able to go right back to work typing on a computer for the rest of the day and I have fibro. So it really just depends. Try to go relaxed because if you are tense it will hurt more.

Nov 24, 2015 4:38 PM

Thank you everyone I'll let ya know what I decide to do soon

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community