Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Crps/myofacial

Dec 02, 2015 3:33 PM

Well to do or not Emg maybe after Christmas I'll do it still on the fence with it

Dec 02, 2015 3:37 PM

EMGs are not fun or pleasant or even bearable without CRPS; I don't have it. The last one I got I thought she was killing me and she ended up stopping because I was in tears. They've never made me cry before. Praying for you either way you decide. ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒผ

Dec 03, 2015 2:56 AM

I have had 3 EMG's and as Flappsy said, they are not pleasant at all. I do have CRPS and I was in agony and crying all three times. I don't think I'd ever get another so I understand your apprehension. I'm sending you gentle {{Hugs}} and prayers for you no matter what your decision๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Dec 03, 2015 5:02 PM

I had one recently but the neurologist explained (*after* grr) that there's a rather large 'caveat' to the test. I don't understand it all but if the link below works and you can get through it, I think it's explained there. In my case it meant the test would likely not show anything relevant and I have no idea why my doctor had me go through it. I assumed it covered the whole nerve situation but I should know better by now. It is one test I would definitely not do again unless I knew exactly what we were looking for and how the information would benefit me. Good luck, hopefully it will be much clearer for you.

https://neckandback.com/treatments/emgncv-electromyograms-and-nerve-conduction-studies/

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community