Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Depression

Oct 14, 2016 2:40 PM

Hi everyone hope your having a better morning than me as I've been laying in bed for over 6 hours now and I still can't get to sleep 😭😭😭😭
I have 2 young children that I need to deal with all day plus my girlfriend has arranged to take me out tonight for my birthday dinner with some of my friends ( girls night) but how am I meant to be awake all day and night when I haven't sleeped

Oct 14, 2016 3:25 PM

Kristylee16, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time sleeping. I understand completely, having insomnia issues for 10 years. The last 48 hours I've not slept much myself due to pain from a steroid shot. It seems no matter how little sleep I get, I am somehow able to push my way through each day. Most of us here seem to do that. But having young children I know makes it much worse physically, draining. Just try to catch short quiet moments to rest with your eyes closed. Even if you don't actually sleep you may benefit from the rest. Hugs love & prayers you can sleep soon! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Oct 15, 2016 1:20 AM

I anot sleeping is a killer!!! I had to take off work because I literally couldn't function I was so exhausted.

I think what some of us struggle with the most is not just the exhaustion but the fact that we want to be present and engaged and experience moments with our friends and loved ones but it seems an insurmountable task.

Take it easy and don't over do it. I also use this herbal tea which is a Rooibos tea with Melissa plant extract in it.

Some essential oils in a bath also helps me rest better....try rose or neroli for insomnia ☺

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community