Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Depression

Jul 18, 2017 11:32 PM

Hi everyone,
I am having a lot of pain lately. I had a really bad flare up yesterday and had to take it extra slow today. On my bad days my depression is soul crushing. I feel useless and I get so fed up with the pain.
How or what do you all do to help with the bad days/ depression?

Thank you

Jul 19, 2017 6:16 AM

Hey @LimaVel25 . I been getting on here getting extra support. Just a reminder that I'm not alone really helps . And you are never alone . We are all here for you. I'm sorry you had a hard day .

((Gentle hugs)) sending preyers your way.

Jul 19, 2017 8:34 AM

I reached out to friends about being in such a funk for 2 mos. I had to forgo paying rent so I could save money up to get pre pay for a biopsy.
Some advice I got besides the eat better (don't we all want to do this and would if we could?)

Start a journal (if any kind)

Open curtains again
(if that is something you got out
of habit)
Join a support group
(who wants to hear about me?)

Try to exercise in some way or form...point just move and getting more coffee or going to lil room doesn't count 😜

Paste affirmations bathroom mirror, fridge, visor in car, other places you'll see it...

Change 1 mindset from negative to positive...how/what got you in this bad place?

Last but not least: Reach out to someone outside yourself that can check on you to talk about a change, how it's working etc...they can hold you accountable

I'm not saying I did every single one of these things, but I had to do something as I knew 2mos in bed is not me...chronic pain has a way of holding us prisoner and then other forces can really rob us of our lives...being aware of all these things empowers us for change...and may be our time to reflect..many hugs and prayers...
All my best

Jul 19, 2017 3:37 PM

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate it.

Jul 19, 2017 7:10 PM

I would just lije to put in my 2 cents. I was told by a shrink that I had depression. Then he gave me all these drugs to take. He said these would improve my life. But, they did just the opposite. I was moody, nasty and i felt like i was in a bad dream all the time. And after several medication changes and dosege changes i finally figured out that the drugs cause depression. The dr's just prescribed them to justify there existence. I quit taking them and returned to being a human instead of an alien with bad things on my mind. And people wanted to be around me again. My advice is to use your family and friends instead of drugs. My life is much better not being on those so called medications. Thats my opinion as well as all my family and friends.

Jul 20, 2017 11:04 AM

Sorry to hear your in a flair I am too at the moment and it's really not fun but you need to remember your not alone we are all on here to help you if you need it, Remeber you have got through every bad day so far so you can get through this one, I hope the pain eases of soon, Sending hugs 😊

Jul 20, 2017 11:06 AM

@Mbek57. I stopped my meds for the same reasons about 3 years ago. I only take my bipolar med. When I get depressed I talk to my hubby or get advice on here .

Jul 21, 2017 12:55 PM

Hello :) the same thing happens to me. I've been on Prozac, and I mean I think my mood has improved, but somedays it's just like I'm being crushed by sadness and anxiety. What works for me is I try to walk or stretch just because if I let myself sit and do nothing I just fall deeper into the hole. Going to the movies sometimes. Or hanging with my friends.

Jul 22, 2017 12:23 PM

@Shmegs I used to take Prozac . Now they want me back on it but I don't know if I want to . I really don't like taking medication. So I am picky on what I take

Jul 22, 2017 3:09 PM

I feel you there. I was totally against going on them, but I was feeling so bad emotionally that I was just like whatever I'll take em. I've improved I think, but I definitely want to go a more natural route. As of now though, since I was just diagnosed in March and that's when everything kind of rained down, I'll stick to them. @Westrengirl

Jul 22, 2017 6:12 PM

Oh, when I have those kind of days, I focus on the things that make me feel happy. For me making myself comfortable and taking a nap helps keep my mind off my pain and depression, when all else fails climbing into a warm bath with candles and listening to something I enjoy. I started listening to the Comedy channel when I get depressed

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community