Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Disability

Jun 04, 2015 5:59 AM

Anyone receiving disability? I have also chronic pain, degenerative joint & disc disease, sciatica , rheumitoid arthritis, & osteo arthritis & compression fracture in lower back. I also now have constant charlie horse like pain in R thigh.

Jun 04, 2015 6:32 AM

Yes, I am. I was born with a Bladder Exstrophy which has caused many, many problems for me. I also have a skin condition, Aquagenic Pruritus. I have Major Depressive Disorder, Severe Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Endometriosis, Vulvadynia, Severe Acid Reflux (Gerd), Severe Uterine Prolapse, Constant Burning Pelvic Pain (Nerve Damage), Insomnia, Extensive Scar Tissue, IBS, TMD/TMJ w/ Radiant Back/Chest/Jaw pain, Chronic Sinus Headaches, Dry Mouth/Dry Eyes, and I am in the midst of possibly being diagnosed with a systemic nerve disorder among other things. Lotsa fun.

Jun 04, 2015 6:51 AM

Ah, forgot one. Due to the manner in which my extensive pelvic reconstruction was done I was left with a constant "low grade" UTI.

Jun 04, 2015 6:55 AM

Devilchick, you currently have a compression fracture in your back? Are they planning surgery for it? How are you dealing with all of that? My husband and father both have had sciatica, and I've seen how painful it is. Are u trying to get SSDI or already have it?

Jun 04, 2015 4:05 PM

Amir LeBlanc they are not doing anything for my back they said it will heal. Yes I'm trying for SSDI.

Jun 04, 2015 9:11 PM

Hi Devil chic, my doctors told me the same thing it's was a year and half I suffer until I had surgery March 12 of this year I have fibromyalgia, and got my L4-5 fusion I applied for SSDI been denied first time got a lawyer 2nd time got denied now I'm waiting on an appeal do any body know if I will be eligible

Jun 07, 2015 6:54 AM

I get PIP. PIP stands for Personal Independence Payments, they are the new version of DLA (Disability Living Allowance) in the UK

Jun 07, 2015 6:57 AM

PIP has 2 components, the care component and the mobility Component. The care component has 3 levels low, moderate and high/enhanced. The mobility component has two levels, low and enhanced. The higher the level, the more money you get

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community