Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Doing some thinking tonight...

Apr 25, 2016 6:38 PM

Okay as most of you know, I was just diagnosed with interstitial cystitis last Wednesday. I'm curious to see how many actually have that diagnosis on this forum. And if so, do you guys have both a urologist and a gynecologist treating your symptoms or is it more common to have a urogyn? The only reason I'm asking is that there are not a lot of options in Delaware. Most of the IC specialists are upstate and I don't drive. I would prefer NOT to switch if I don't have to(I already have a good working relationship with both). FYI, the only reason I mentioned a standard ob-gyn is that is who prescribes my progesterone, so if I have any issues with it, that's automatically who I would call. He's not a IC specialist but he's a damn good doc, Again, just curious.
And yes, I do indeed think that damn Provera needs tweeking again, but just until we can get the IC in remission and the endometrial ablation done. It seems like a LOT of women have issues with hormones and flare ups(yep, found that out the hard way that I'm one of them apparently).

Apr 25, 2016 6:47 PM

I have IC and my urologist and a Urogynecologist treat together, as needed. But mostly it is my urologist I see.

Apr 25, 2016 7:55 PM

As you I had it. I had only ufologists treating me here in Canada.

Apr 25, 2016 8:02 PM

Flappys, that's the same kind of situation I have minus the urogynecologist. I will probably mostly likely be seeing my urologist more so then the gyn so I think I'm probably just going to leave it as is. If I need to, I can ask for a referral to a urogynecologist later on down the road. But thank you. I know everyone is a little different, that's why I like to ask

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community