Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Don't know what to do…

Jun 28, 2017 1:52 PM

Hey folks.

I've had back pain for months, and I saw my doc about 4 weeks ago, she referred me to physio but said it would take 8+ weeks to go through (NHS…)

in the last week the pain has gone from an annoying ache to pain that stops me focussing on anything. My upper back is hurting now too, especially over my shoulder. In addition, my feet are tingly, and I stumble over them or shuffle when I walk. My toilet habits are unpredictable at best which sucks, I'd put the constipation down to the painkillers but now I'm loose and frequent. And when I pee it doesn't feel like I've emptied my bladder. Any gentle walking leaves me puffed out and sweating buckets. Been tracking my heart rate and it can flip from 55 to 120 within 15 min.

Obviously I'm not looking for a diagnosis! But just wondering what on earth I can do to manage all this crap. Do I go back to my doc? I hate to make a fuss but this is hell on earth.

Thanks for reading! E

Jun 28, 2017 2:02 PM

Have you seen images of your MRI? There are cysts out there that the docs won't tell you about that can be activated with PT. They are on your nerve endings. Thus they will disrupt signal to your bladder, bowels, legs, feet, head, hands, and tail bone area.

Jun 29, 2017 10:11 PM

You should definitely go back to your GP, if you're in that much pain and you're not able to function you should definitely go back.
You may need to be on stronger pain meds and you need to get the pain investigated to see what the cause of it is, it could be a trapped nerve or something like that.
Good luck xx

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community