Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Endometriosis

Oct 07, 2014 6:53 PM

I was diagnosed with endometriosis last November. But looking back, I realized I had been having symptoms since I first got my period when I was in middle school, and I am now 21 in college. The pain wasn't severe when I was younger, but I noticed it was getting worse and worse my senior year of high school through my sophomore year of college. It finally got to the point where I was in constant pain and could barely walk (for some reason, endo causes pain in my left leg). Even after surgery I had a lot of pain. The last 2 months have been pretty good for me, but I'm worried it might just be a fluke!

Oct 08, 2014 7:00 PM

Enjoy it while it lasts and hope for the best! Worry if and when it comes back.

Oct 09, 2014 8:22 PM

I had the same experience in waiting for an official diagnosis of endometriosis. I had a complete. excision surgery and though the recovery was painful, I was definitely not feeling the endo pain. Just as I was getting close to pain free I experienced a debilitating mentrual cycle and was diagnosed with adenomyosis. IUDs did not work- the caused more cramping, and I am now trying to come to terms with a hysterectomy next month. I am worried about the tiredness and don't know much about the process. I would love to hear about the good and bad of a vaginal hysterectomy, leaving the ovaries. I worry that it will be another lengthy surgery/recovery and the side effect I may have. I just became aware a few days ago, and have not felt the desire to research- it feels like an emotional task....

Oct 10, 2014 6:20 AM

KPINK6 - Count your blessings for your pain free period! Leg pain is normal when linked with endo as is hip pain groin pain and back pain.

SDONE123 - Make sure you do your research before the hyster! It is a big surgery and there can be complications i'm in the UK they used to do it as frequently as removing your tonsils but now both tonsillectomy and hysterectomy have dramatically reduced. Having a hyster won't necessarily get rid of all your endo pain. It grows on the outside remember so if you remove the uterus it first mean it will all be gone. I will be having one in years to come but you personally need to weigh out the pros and cons. Don't rush this decision.

Oct 11, 2014 2:52 AM

The pain is starting to creep back in, even in the few days since I first posted. I hate how unpredictable endo is!

Oct 22, 2014 9:45 PM

I think i have this but I have to wait to see a gynecologist. But all my symptoms point to this, from the research I did online. All I got so far are pain meds, finally, but i only got them after it got so bad. Wish I had them sooner.

Oct 23, 2014 6:52 PM

Sorry you had to suffer so much pain before getting treatment. Glad there is some progress and you will see a gynaecologist. Sadly, this is not unusual with endometriosis, with many women suffering years of pain before diagnosis. All the best.

Oct 28, 2014 2:43 AM

I got diagnosed in 2009 after 8years of going back and forth to doctors. I have to operations to remove 22 and 16patches of it (2010&2011) been back to c gyne again as pain is getting really bad i now hava to take tramadol to ease it but docs not interested and tellin me its ovulation pains. Hence y im doing this pain diary

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community