Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Essential oils..

Dec 15, 2015 1:38 PM

Does anyone use essential oils or any other kind of non doctor medicine to deal with this?

Dec 15, 2015 1:57 PM

I've not but think in going to give it a try. One thing I have been doing is vaping with melatonin, valerian root and triptophan. It's very relaxing and has an anti inflammatory property to it so it can't hurt. I let my pain management doctor know about it and he said it couldn't hurt. (Oh, I get the liquid with NO nicotine)🌻🙏🏻

Dec 15, 2015 2:42 PM

My mom is a Natural Health Practitioner and uses things like oils, the healing properties of stones, etc etc. If I am having a really difficult time i tell than I let her and she will test what my body needs. There are so many different oils that would be beneficial for you as a topical and through ingestion. Google Ameo Essential Oils and go to their main page, they have single oils or blends of them and the discription of each oil will tell you it's best benefits and the best ways to use the oil itself.
My mom and a friend of hers were able to make a combination of oils that when added to Epsom salts and a long hot bath, aids in weight loss, cellulite and scars and various other benefits that show results by that same night/morning
The website should help you target the best oils for you, I believe they also have package deals too that come with several different oils and a diffuser which is something I really want to get

Dec 15, 2015 2:50 PM

Birdiebabe, I just ordered some healing stones for myself!! I have several. They have been charged under a full moon and cleansed in the rain and then smudged. I can't wait to get them. Many, many semi precious stones have amazing healing properties. I believe that all things are worth trying. The worst that can happen is it doesn't work and you end up no worse for wear. (And you have a nice collection of beautiful rocks.. LOL!!) I am actually sick and have been for almost a month. I can't seem to shake this cold but I have been exposed to several sick people in my house over this time and being immunosuppressed, I can't shake it. I'm going to just sit and light a tea light candle under some Lavender oil and relax and listen to some quiet music. Hopefully, I'll drift off and get a few winks. I hope that the essential oils help for whoever is willing to try them. Sending love, {{Hugs}} and prayers to all my peeps and hope you all are having a peaceful and light pain day. 💕🙏🏻🌻

Dec 15, 2015 2:59 PM

I've started using oils, just starting! But there are so many to read up on and figure out. I have found some that seem to even out my mood on my on edge days. I'll take anything I can get! I'll Google the Ameo page. And now I'm interested in the stones. Lol. Thanks!

Dec 15, 2015 3:02 PM

The way I see it is that the oils and stones and other natural health things help far more than hinder and if it doesn't help, there almost is no harm in trying it. Pharmaceuticals pose a far greater risk so if there is some other way to address an issue why not try something as simple as a couple drops of oil. I've found that even if the oil isn't able to give me pain relief there are other things it can target like your mood. There are tons that are perfect for calming down,relaxing ect

Dec 15, 2015 9:10 PM

I use essential oils every day in my oils diffuser! I think it actually does help me relax. You have to ins which ones work for you though! I like peppermint, Rosemary, and eucalyptus I've also tried what's called a 'morphine bomb' which is all essential oils (3 put together in a capsule) it it is calming. I'm hoping everyone has a great day which few flare ups and less pain!!

Dec 15, 2015 10:39 PM

I use lavender for my headaches and anxiety. It doesn't replace the meds, but it does help some. My mom, on the other hand, says that lavender gives her a migraine. So different strokes, I guess. Gentle hugs

Dec 15, 2015 11:34 PM

Vaporizing essential oils! Alwayz please tell me more. Can I use any essential oils. I have a lot of the now brand. Do you pull it through the whip? I know people use fresh herbs even peppermint I use for tummy but this is new.

Dec 15, 2015 11:42 PM

Lol. I hate the smell of the lavender but I found a great recipe (?) For a combo that is great on my headaches. And one for my moods. I've seen the morphine bomb one but never tried it. Maybe I should.
I haven't found a way to replace my Dr medicines, but I feel I've found some great helpers

Dec 16, 2015 12:07 AM

I actually use what's called an E-Leaf iStick 50w Subohm Mod with an Arctic tank. I vape an oil (e-juice) called High Voltage, Lights Out with 0% Nicotine, 3% Melatonin and the flavor is Raspberry Chai. It's a light flavor and it helps with anxiety and for some it can help sleep.. (For me not so much). You can go on the Internet and look up vaping and supplies/accessories. You can also look up e-juice and out in specifications you're looking for (such as relaxing, anti inflammatory, etc.. There are also just ones with different flavor and no nicotine that just taste good and help to relax just vaping in general. Check it out, it'll really give you the info you need. Hope I was helpful. (oh, by the way, they also have ones that you can vape dry herbs, etc.) I don't know anything about those particular devices. {{{{Hugs}}}} and prayers that you have success that you find something that works for you.💕🙏🏻🌻

Dec 16, 2015 1:20 AM

I do, lavender, jazmin, sandlwood, changes mood, I use lavender when having breathing problems. I also use cedar, sage, and incence.

Dec 16, 2015 8:01 AM

I love sandlwood. It has such a lovely scent. I buy 100% natural oils and there are some times that I have actually used some in my hair after I've washed it. While it's still very wet, I put a couple of drops of oil in the palm of my hand and run my hands together and then run my fingers through my hair (the back which is very long). Then I take my hair between my palms and tousle my hair around to spread around the oil so it's not in one spot. After that, I towel dry, brush it and just leave it to dry naturally. My hair smells delicious and it does definitely help my moods. I've ony used lavender and sandlwood but I love it just the same. {{Hugs}} and prayers to all.💕🙏🏻🌻

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community