Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Exhausted

Oct 13, 2015 2:30 AM

For the last several weeks I have been completely worn out! I will take a nap and sleep through dinner or will go to bed immediately after dinner and wake up around 10 or 11 at night. Sometimes I doze off in the afternoon. I feel really fatigued as well. Was wondering if this is part of fibro or something new I should address.

Oct 13, 2015 3:35 AM

Chronic fatigue is a by product of chronic pain.

Oct 13, 2015 4:50 AM

Effects us all, regardless of the source of our pains but if last cpl of weeks have been noticeably different and you have not suddenly taken up an energetic hobby I feel it would be prudent to get checked up. Hopefully things will improve for you some what soon 😩

Oct 13, 2015 7:22 AM

I had injections in my back, hips, and sciatic nerves on the 5th. It helped my back, but nothing else. In fact, taking a shower drained me for a good half hour yesterday and caused a cry too from pain (felt like I had dry shaved my entire body). I think I have gotten out of the house more, but just to visit or play cards, nothing major.

Oct 13, 2015 8:35 AM

Serenasills, I as feeling exactly the same exhaustion in the spring. Turns out I have Sjogrens, hypothyroidism, and I'm anemic. Let your doctor know so they can run some tests. It could just be chronic fatigue or the fibro in a flare. Wishing you the best! Hugs & a prayer 🙏🌼

Oct 13, 2015 12:11 PM

I am hypothyroid as well. I don't know much about Sjogrens... just used to type it once in awhile as a transcriptionist when I was still working. Today is still not a good day.

Oct 13, 2015 2:15 PM

Defo a fibro thing. But have you had your b12 . I have to have an inje tion evwry 12 weeks. This can also cause sleep problems. What meds are you on, as they are also another cause. Chronic pain is a pain the arse. It makes you tired even after a full nights sleep. I get roughly 3 hours sleep a night. Not wishy washy sleep. But deep sleep. I have a watch that helps monitor how much I get. Today I sat in the car as my friend popped into school. I was suppose to follow a few mins later. Next thing my friend was getting back in the car. 1.5hours later. I then drove home and snuggled on the couch. I could fall asleep again now but want to enjoy some of my evening and eat some if my chocolate bar lol. Bet you I won't sleep tonight though.

Oct 14, 2015 11:30 AM

I usually sleep about 3-5 hours a night, but I have a sleep disorder where I don't hit REM sleep. I'm on a LOT of meds, short list would include: Neurontin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Metformin, Zanaflex, Vitamin D, Estrace, Percocet. .. There's some others as well. I see my (forgot the word here) doctor that deals with my Synthroid. .. next week. I'm on my second ear infection. Anyway, was going to ask her about Sjogrens and Lupus? Ah! Endocrinologist!😀

Oct 15, 2015 6:13 AM

Could be fibromyalgia...but I have Narcolepsy...so that's a possibility or of course sleep apnea...but I agree with the others, tell your doctor...hopefully if you have a good doctor, he will investigate and get to the bottom of it for you!

Oct 21, 2015 12:02 AM

Same here, hypothyroidism, and just had to have myparathyroids out and I'm severe anemic and vitamin deficiency in alot of vitamins. I have fibromyalgia, cfs, rsd, migraines, severe depression, plantar faciitis, scoliosis, and the list goes on.

Oct 21, 2015 12:13 AM

Oh and one of my main problems is sleep apnea, as well as its extremely hard for me to sleep at all. I see so many Dr.s and have so many meds to take it sucks. Then my husband was diagnosed this year with multiple Sclerosis so it's been crazy busy With Dr.s appointments. I also have alot of nerve damage, rls, and had a heart attack in 2006 and lost most of my hearing because of cardiac arrest 5x within a mile and a half from our home, they used the paddles but somehow it did damage to my blood vessels in my ear drum and I lost over 80% of my hearing. And had alot of short term memory loss. But with everything that's wrong with me I still get told by social security disability that I'm not disabled enough. It's crazy. And I haven't even put on here everything that is wrong with me. It burns me up to see people scamming the system and being put on disability when they are perfectly fine but people like us who clearly need help can't seem to get it. Grrrr. Lol end rant!!!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community