Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Exhausted

Oct 18, 2015 2:56 AM

Well this has been a rough week !!! The baby has been so sick. On Monday morning we had to take her to the ER, she had a101.4 temp,she was dx with a left ear infection, and upper respitory infection. Tuesday night around quarter till 12 she started wheezing really shrill so back to the ER at the other hospital. The Dr said she had both ears infected with fluid behind them, still a high fever. The Dr changed her Amoxicllin because it's got resistance to ear infections, and she was dx with Bronchitis. We carried her for follow up with her Dr and the ears are starting to look better, but still wheezing and running a low grad temp. We are having to give her breathing treatments every 3 hrs. She has to go back Friday to the Dr for another follow up. She is terrified of the mask on the nebulizer so we had to take it off and hold her down kicking and screaming. We need all the prayer we can get. Well I think I am going to try and go to sleep now. Sending prayers and hugs.

Oct 18, 2015 3:46 AM

Sending hugs and love!!! I hope everything gets better soon!!

Oct 18, 2015 6:57 AM

Nothing worse than a sick bubba. I hope for all your sakes she gets well soon. Fingers crossed for you xxxx

Oct 18, 2015 9:36 AM

Weezie, this is going to sound.a bit strange to you but you may want to give this a try. When I was almost a year old , I had a bronchitis like dx and was coughing and wheezing. I choked on my own sputum and stopped breathing, turning blue and ending up in the hospital for 3 days in an oxygen tent. Try putting the baby in your lap in her belly and gently pat her back around the area between her shoulder blades. This will cause the mucus to loosen, her to cough and get it out. After you do this, then quietly put the breathing treatment thing near her without the mask and it will work better with less crap in her lungs. Try making the mask a game.. When you're not giving her a treatment, put it on you, laugh, make fun sounds and then say Your Turn and see if she will accept it. That will make it easier when you do the treatment and she may actually start bit to be afraid of the mask and the treatments will help her get better faster. I am saying prayers for all of you and sending {{{{Hugs}}}} and hope that you all get some test and get to feeling better.🙏🏻🌻

Oct 18, 2015 9:55 AM

With my daughter, when she was a wee one (baby), multiple trips to the small bathroom and running the hot shower so she breathed in the steam really helped. I did it like once an hour til it worked, maybe 12 times, and then After the wheezing got better every 4 hours or so for the next 2 days. This all was a the suggestion of an older doc after antibiotics failed and 2 ER trips and tons of bad advice! The mask trick is great, playing with it and so on, my best friend is a nurse practitioner at St Jude and this is the kind of thing he does so the kids aren't afraid, works great. Otherwise it's probably terrifying. Also putting on when not running can be good so no scary noise so they see it's safe, and also just keeping it near as Always said, so it's not suddenly appearing on and closing in on her mouth. I'll pray for her, that must be very scary. I was terrified when it was my munchkin!

Oct 18, 2015 10:18 AM

Thank you everyone on your ideas ,I am going to try them both today. That's a great idea of playing with the mask, I was hoping she wouldn't be afraid since I wear a CPAP mask and she isn't afraid of it when I wear it and hold her.

Oct 18, 2015 8:15 PM

Weezie, I'm sorry she's so sick. My granddaughter did the same thing at about 8 miss, but was hospitalized with pneumonia. She has had a nebulizer machine since. She fought the mask so bad were just sit her in our laps and hold the tube close to her face. It worked well enough, only we ended up with the jitters too room inhaling the Alberto! Lol. Hugs & prayers she'll be better spoon. 🙏🌼

Oct 18, 2015 8:27 PM

Weezie, just a suggestion. Is there any way that you can get the mask as close to her face as possible but without actually putting it on her face? When my niece was about Bella's age(maybe a little older), she came down with a really bad case of croup I believe. It took 4 adults to hold her still so we could do her treatments. We ended up actually with 1 person hold legs still, 1 person holding little hands still and then 1 person actually holding the mask up to her face but not actually putting it on her.

Oct 19, 2015 10:44 PM

Amanda we took the mask off and just hold it as close to her mouth and nose. She will put her mouth over the end and chew on it. I guess it feels good to her gums,but she is still terrified of the mask. She is feeling so much better we have to go back for a follow up with her Doc on Friday. I appreciate all of y'all's post. Prayers and hugs for all.

Oct 20, 2015 9:23 PM

Weezie I'm so glad to hear Bella is feeling better. I pray she continues to improve. 🙏🌼

Oct 20, 2015 9:31 PM

Tanks Flappsy she is acting like she is feeling better. Checked her temp 100 I don't know what is going on. She is still talking her antibiotics it's been since the 14th. You would think her fever should be gone by now. She is still getting stuff out of her lungs after her breathing treatments. She has to see her Dr on friday, I hope he can tell us if her lungs are clearing up.

Oct 22, 2015 1:31 AM

Sending prayers !

Oct 22, 2015 4:29 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Oct 23, 2015 8:43 AM

Sending prayers your way Weezie. I hope the doctor has good news for you on Friday.. (Oh wait, that's today!!! LOL, I can't ever keep track of what day it is). Well? I hope the doctor is pleased with the little one's progress and that she gets to feeling better soon. {{{{Hugs}}}}💕🙏🏻🌻

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community