Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

exhausted

Jan 04, 2016 5:32 PM

Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else?
When I'm hurting I will either lay in my bed or kick back in recliner, but every time I do I fall sleep. Sometimes I can sleep for 4-6 hours.
Just wondering if this is normal for someone in pain and exhausted from the pain.

Jan 04, 2016 6:11 PM

Yes, I am in pain every day. The pain moves around all the time but never a day without. I have very limited amount of energy. I am normally completely exhausted by early afternoon. Now sleep is strange...sometimes I will sleep thru the pain...other times I can't sleep because of the pain.

Jan 04, 2016 6:43 PM

Yup, me too. Bought 1-3pm get sleepy. Sometimes I can fight it, others not so much. Doesn't matter how much or how little I sleep at night. Or when I get up. Also med might affect it as well.

Jan 04, 2016 7:04 PM

Yes and lately mine has got so bad I feel tired and it is a few minutes warning before I am completely out. Sometimes barely making it 6 or 7 steps before I am asleep

Jan 04, 2016 7:22 PM

I sleep an hour or two a day until my body can't handle so little sleep, then I will pass out for 5-6 hours. It's never quality sleep even when I take my muscle relaxers.

Jan 04, 2016 7:24 PM

I usually sleep 6 hours a night. Sometimes when I wake up hurting bad my eyelids stay heavy all day. I can't lay down without falling asleep.

Jan 04, 2016 7:43 PM

Yep, same here. I can be either sitting in my chair or laying down and be out within 10 minutes.
Strange thing is I only sleep for about 2 hours then awake for 4 then back asleep for more.
I just don't get it.

Jan 04, 2016 8:06 PM

I'm in constant pain and yet I feel like I'm drowning most of the time. Not breathing wise, but like I'm underwater and my ears are full and my eyes are under pressure to close and my head is leaking because it feels like it's full as well. And as soon as I sit or lie somewhere my eyes shut and I'm asleep. Except when I can't. And then, no matter what my brain will not turn off and I can't slide into oblivion for anything. There's no happy medium. And always the pain in varying degrees of agony.

Jan 04, 2016 8:14 PM

I can only get thebsolid sleep when I crash like after days if no sleep and my body finally shuts down. Like today I'm hurting really bad. Busy day doing stuff I should not. I'm medicating as much as I can hoping il go tonslee and stay sleep. My issue is broken sleep. The pain either wakes me up or keeps me up and I eat when I'm hurting badly

Jan 04, 2016 8:15 PM

Absolutely. I am only a year with fibro so far and I do the same usually. Though in my case I have reposition every few seconds due to pain so it takes awhile to get to sleep but is inevitable.

Jan 04, 2016 11:05 PM

Check for sleep apnea to those not sleeping but we all know those periods of no sleep and they make you sleep easy in the day

Jan 05, 2016 5:30 AM

I do have sleep apnea and have a machine

Jan 05, 2016 7:26 AM

Shamm! Hey have you thought about asking your doctor about narcolepsy??? He /She could try prescribing you Provigil or Nuvigil , sounds like you might want to have this looked into...hope you dont try to drive and fall asleep? Mention this to your doctor... Get some more info..just a thought! Love and Blessings, Terri

Jan 05, 2016 5:02 PM

Rockysbaby, are you bruising easily? Last episode of this fatigue you described, I had anemia. 😷🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community