Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fatigue

Mar 26, 2015 12:07 PM

I've never before been THIS fatigued without something like the flu. I was fairly useless at work today. Really pushed myself.
I have insomnia and haven't slept more than a couple hours a night in a very long time. It's really building up and has reached an aweful place.
I don't know what to do. I've known for some time that caffeine causes me more pain. But I had a migraine I needed it for this last Sunday. Then I had some again Monday and Tuesday. Ended up with leg spasms on Tuesday night. So I'm back to NONE. But I don't know what to do for myself to have a functional level of energy.

Mar 26, 2015 12:22 PM

Aliya I sorry that your having trouble getting enough sleep. Have you tried Melatonin, you can get it in the vitamin aisle. Have you tried to drink noncaffenated Calamine tea before bed, or Sleepy time tea with honey drink it hot. Those are the things I try some time they work some times not. THE Melatonin takes a little while to build up in your system. I take 4 of the 3 mg.,my Neuro put me on it he also put me on CQ10 3 x day for migraines.

Mar 26, 2015 12:25 PM

Oops I acidentally hit the button I'm riding on a bumpy road. I hope that you can get some rest. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mar 26, 2015 1:59 PM

Yes I take melatonin. It helps me fall asleep but not stay asleep.

Mar 26, 2015 6:13 PM

Aliya, I use to be that bad but finally got my PCP to prescribe ambien. Unfortunately I got dependent and couldn't sleep without it. I weaned off with an antidepressant (Pamelor 25 mg) + 3 mg of melatonin each night. My psych doc ran some blood tests and found my serotonin levels were too low and doubled the antidepressant dose, so I didn't need the melatonin. He just ran another blood level and I may have to increase again. I make sure to relax before bedtime, not watching or reading anything intense (I record my acSI shows...lol). I use sleepytime tea sometimes too.

For staying awake, have you tried green tea products? Its really good. I love Canada dry green tea ginger ale. I love love love chocolate! And I'm developing headaches after I eat it. 😖 So I bought some mini chocolate bars and eat only 1-2 pieces a day, while I'm weaning myself off. 😭 I can't keep eating chocolate if its triggering headaches.

Wishing the best for finding what works for you! Praying for you too.🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community