Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fatigue

Sep 28, 2015 7:06 PM

I have had FM for 6 yes and after figuring out what it was I have my pain under control most of the time by taking Cymbalta. If I did not take it I would not be able to function
The fatigue is my BIGGEST problem and it depresses me so bad sometimes because I can't do like I used to such as cleaning and doing fun things in my life because I am so wore out most of the time. I have not learned to do things in small time frames. I just get frustrated!!!! I get sore sometimes to the point that it hurts just to touch my skin and that takes about 4-H days to get over. I deal with the pain better than I do the fatigue and not being able to do the things I used to and I have gained so much weight and that doesn't help. I work a full time job and love my job but when I get home I have to take a nap. Any suggestions would be great.

Sep 28, 2015 8:49 PM

I recently looked on YouTube for yoga for fibromyalgia and have tried it. It helped me body relax enough so some of the pain eased and that gave me a bit of an energy boost. I just started on cymbalta and have been dealing with fatigue too.

Sep 28, 2015 8:58 PM

Have you noticed any benefit from the Cymbalta yet Leslie? I take 120mg (2tablets) each morning, and have done for 3 years now, but cant say i niticed any benefit. Am on quite a cocktail of drugs for pain, nerve pain, anti-inflammatories etc etc. 30 ish tablets per day! Hope you do get relief. 😃

Sep 28, 2015 9:06 PM

Wow I have had good relief from Cymbalta. It doesn't work for everyone. I started with 30 and increased to 60 in about 2 weeks and was on for 6 yrs now up to 90

Sep 28, 2015 9:09 PM

My meds have not been changedbin over 3 years. They dont work, just 'take the edge off'. I wish i could find a doctor who knows about fibro and chronic fatigue ...

Sep 28, 2015 9:10 PM

I don't think they really know that is the bad part and I refuse to take a bunch of men's so I deal with it. Like I said mine is more the fatigue I can deal with the pain

Sep 28, 2015 9:43 PM

Janetdot - I was on 200 mg of lyrica and the difference between the lyrica and cymbalta is very noticeable. The cymbalta helps my body relax and my feet no longer feel like they are going to break when I get up or walk. I just started it a week ago at 60 mg. Emotionally I feel more relaxed too. Lyrica gave me horrible mood swings, always made me eat, and did little for my pain.

Sep 29, 2015 5:19 AM

Thank you LeslieH. My 'support' worker came to gp last time to discuss the fibro as i kept being fobbed off. She introduced the mention of pregablin, which is i think Pregablin? I didnt say yes, but said i would think about it. Having looked atbthe UkFibro Facebook page, it appears to be the same as gabapentin, in that it works for some and not others. Im confused and, to ve honest, worried about jumping out of frying pan into fire etc etc. 😕😕😕

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community