Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fed Up

Dec 17, 2015 10:43 AM

I'm in pain and feel sad as a friend passed away last night. I'm fed up of good people dying young and of being in pain. Due to the weather getting colder I've had to use a walking stick to get around. I've hardly slept this week due to pain.
I guess I shouldn't complain as there are people worse off than me.
😞😒😞😒😞

Dec 17, 2015 11:14 AM

Calia, let me begin by saying that I am deeply sorry for your loss. It has strangely been a year of loss for many and it's really tragic. I send my condolences for all who have been touched by the loss of your loved one. It is very difficult (I think especially around this time of year) to maintain some sense of happiness in our lives. Weather is gloomy, we miss loved ones who have crossed over, we're stressed with all the hustle and bustle of trying to get things done in time, etc. I understand that you're sad and tired of being in pain. It's really debilitating to live in pain every day and still do everything that you need to do and keep a smile on your face while doing it. I've been in pain for many, many years. I have had 29 surgeries in 22 years and have a laundry list of syndromes and diseases that cause pain. The depression and anxiety that goes hand in hand with that is sometimes worse than the pain. Being sleep deprived certainly doesn't help. Please don't be sorry for what you call "complaining" here. There are no judgements. We understand because we live it every day along with you. We are all here for different diagnosis but we all share the commonality of chronic irretractable pain. There is nothing in this wonderful pain family but love, compassion, support and understanding. If you are hurting, it doesn't make you a person who is suffering and less than anyone else. Pain is relative. Some can handle, or get used to, high pain levels. Others get worn down over time and can't deal with high pain levels. It's all a personal journey. Just know that you are not alone. There is an entire community of zany, wonderful, loving people who are here to lend a hand when you need it. Feel free to vent, cry, laugh, ask questions, etc. there will never be anyone here who will make you feel anything but supported. Sending you positive vibes, gentle {{{Hugs}}} and prayers that you find some peace in your heart and soul and that you find today a better day with less pain. 🌻🙏🏻

Dec 17, 2015 11:15 AM

I think that too some times but you can't discount your passion. It is real. It hurts you and limits you so it should be acknowledged. This is a hard battle we fight. Don't give up I'm here for anyone willing to talk. I've never had a support and I'm new to this so I'd appreciate all the new spoonie friends willing

Dec 17, 2015 11:54 AM

Could be worse you could have just found a very nice love mug for xmas , but it's not for you !

Dec 17, 2015 1:12 PM

Calia, I am so sorry for your loss. This time of year makes it even harder when we lose someone we love. I'm praying for you and your friend's family.
Each of us have different tolerances for pain. I've been suffering from various issues since the early 90's. Because I can't take most meds for pain I've developed a higher tolerance. Regardless, any pain should be acknowledged, meaning listen to your body signals and rest as much as possible. When my muscles feel tight and tense I do gentle stretches. Then i massage pain ointment into the most site areas. It seems to help me sleep. At times it seems unfair with all the suffering. But I do believe as we work through our issues we come out stronger mentally, emotionally, & spiritually. You're in my thoughts & prayers, with (((hugs)))! 🙂🙏🌼

Dec 18, 2015 12:40 PM

It was the second death I've faced this year, the first being my Mum who I struggle with grief with everyday. I miss her so much.
Then when my friend passed away, I just felt so low even more.
Being sad, low and in pain is just not making life all that fun😞😢

Dec 18, 2015 12:56 PM

Calia, it never does, Sweetie. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom and your friend. It's not easy when we lose our loved ones to deal with the grief and also move forward with all we need to do to keep on living our lives. It doesn't ever go away but you will eventually get to a point where your thoughts are happy memories that make you smile. Sadness may come at times, especially at this time of the year. Living with pain on top of everything doesn't make it any easier to cope. Know that your pain family stands by you and we are here to support you. Sending you gentle {{{{Hugs}}}} to get you through the day. 🌻🙏🏻

Dec 20, 2015 9:40 PM

Calia, I lost my mom in 1999, three months after my grandfather (her dad) passed away. I still miss them both dearly. But as the years have passed by it seems I'm remembering fond things about them more and more. My mom told me before she died that she'll always be in my heart, and she's right. The holidays are the hardest times, but try to remember the fun times with your loved ones and it helps get through it. (((Hugs))) 🙂🙏🌼

Dec 22, 2015 11:34 AM

I know the grief you are experiencing, and I am here for you. I lost two of my children two short years ago. I had to grieve both just months apart. Please give your self time to grieve, it's important no matter if other want you to hurry up and grieve. I walk around in a daze for a year. It amazed me how much I could do in a fog of grief. I am beginning to get back to life now, but there are days I just can't breath, or don't want to . I miss them very much. I am here if you need to talk. Love and light moshell

Dec 23, 2015 6:44 AM

I'm grieving for two as my Mum died is September this year and then my friend last week.

Dec 23, 2015 7:18 AM

It is very difficult but somehow I did it and so can you. I believe you can.

Dec 23, 2015 8:30 AM

Thanks MoShell, it sure is hard at the moment and I know I'm not the only one who's grieving or have grieved so apologies for any offence caused by me complaining.

Dec 23, 2015 8:48 AM

Calia, I am really sorry for your loss. Losing your mom is one of the strongest losses you can feel. That pain must still linger. I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend. It seems when tragedy strikes us, it can come in a storm. I hope your storm is over and that all you can now do is move on to recovery. Like has been said, it will take time, but the memories will turn to fond ones. My mom and I had a tragic relationship. But since she died in 1999, after the grieving that took me a while, I have only been able to recall the good times unless someone brings up something negative. So, a peace finially does come but you will always miss them. My thoughts are with you.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community