Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fibro - Dizzy spells?

Dec 25, 2016 8:19 PM

Does anyone else get dizzy spells from fibro? I have been having these all week. I stand up and feel like the ground is coming up to meet me. It's so irritating because sometimes it's just a slight imbalance and I can't tell if I'm actually off or if I'm just crazy...

Anybody have advice for this? Should I be concerned or is this just normal fibro stuff?

Dec 26, 2016 12:43 AM

Sometimes when I'm sitting on a chair with my feet on the floor I get a similar feeling... Like my brain can no longer tell where my feet/the floor are in relation to my body so the floor kinda starts zooming in and out like a bad effect in a movie!

Dec 27, 2016 2:50 AM

Sounds like you have vertigo. When I'm extremely stressed or extremely tired I get vertigo. You can also get it from the meds you're on.
You should go to your GP to get yourself checked over to make sure you're ok and they can also give you a prescription to help ease your symptoms.

Dec 27, 2016 2:51 AM

I never considered that it might be vertigo. I'll bring it up when I find a new doc.

Dec 27, 2016 3:12 AM

If you need some relief now while looking for a new doctor, go to a pharmacy and get some travel sickness tablets but make sure you tell the pharmacist what other meds you're on.

Sending you positive vibes and warm healing hugs xx

Dec 28, 2016 1:22 PM

Bebrooks, I've had vertigo and dizzy spells for over 6 years; the dizzy spells come when my ears and head gets congested and I just feel off-balance, like swaying on a moving boat; the vertigo hits at anytime but the symptoms are literally feeling like the room is spinning around me and all I can do is get still & sometimes lay down. The vertigo can last for hours or days, and requires meds to get over, meclizine.

Then in October I started having new symptoms: I stand from sitting or lying down, and not only do I feel dizzy (swimming headed, lightheaded) but I feel like I might faint. And when I bend over and straighten up I get these feelings, but sometimes everything goes black before my eyes. They ran a test on me and I have POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). I'm having to take blood pressure meds to stabilize my blood pressure and prevent fainting suddenly. I've had to start wearing thigh high compression stockings. And I was warned by my doctor to not make sudden movements, so I'm learning to move more carefully. I hope my descriptions are helpful. Hugs love and prayers you can find out what's going on soon! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community