Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fibro

Jul 04, 2016 5:04 PM

Hey all I'm a female aged 24. I have been diagnosed yet have suffered a while with different aches and pains. Believed to be triggered this year when I lost my grandad. I was so poorly in hospital with no real explanation. I'm from the uk. Don't really understand Fibro don't understand all this rheumatology talk. I have a fantastic career managing a large care company for adults with learning disabilities, I'm highly educated and I'm watching my life goals and dreams slip away from me in a blur of pain, spasms and meds. All my research leads to doom and gloom, but can someone tell me?!? Is there a way I can save my life and career? How can I beat this? There has got to be a way!

Jul 04, 2016 5:23 PM

I'm sort of in the same boat, but hopefully someone will give you the info you need take care 🙂

Jul 04, 2016 5:24 PM

Thank you x

Jul 04, 2016 5:24 PM

You're welcome.

Jul 04, 2016 5:36 PM

In a remarkably similar boat too. Struggling to accept this. Every day is a shock to the system. I had some relief from trigger point massage. Seeing a physio on Wednesday. I'm UK too. On pregabalin and dihydrocodeine. If I don't take pain medication I'm absolutely floored. Still working, and I very much want to continue working. I have an amazing boss who understands. The hardest thing is there is no pattern and adjusting to pacing myself is extremely hard as I'm a go, go, go, go - splat!...kind of person :)

Jul 04, 2016 5:39 PM

Glad your still working, think that would make a hugh difference to how I felt, keep us updated on how you are doing.

Jul 04, 2016 5:51 PM

Hey what i find helpful is doing some streches and just keeping as active as possible i know its difficult but it really does help in the long run x

Jul 05, 2016 4:37 AM

Thanks very much Ihatefibro will try a bit more just seems like I end up in more pain once I have done streches, maybe I'm stretching to far as I used to be a gymnast in my younger years x

Jul 05, 2016 5:07 AM

Probably are just dont push yourself to far if it starts to burn a little bit stop x

Jul 05, 2016 6:17 AM

I know will do thanks I'm going to ask about trigger point massage That Sosore had mentioned, as I'm newly diagnosed I've not really spoken about it with any medical professionals yet x

Jul 05, 2016 6:36 AM

Fair enough i hope it goes well for u x

Jul 05, 2016 6:38 AM

Have you tried I've before?

Jul 05, 2016 8:36 AM

Hey, a fibromyalgia diagnosis does not mean your life has to slip away.i don't have fibromyalgia however, I do know many people with Fibromyalgia that lead productive, purposeful , whole and serene lives. You are very young..i know this feels overwhelming. However, you are an intelligent young person, educate yourself about this disease process, investigate before you decide your life is over....keep working and moving as much as possible. Be proactive, not reactive...too many times I have seen people cave in too quickly. Find a real health recovery group where you live..to sit down in front of others, it is too easy to get sicker all by yourself with just online support. Most long termers with chronic pain can be very helpful with advice and support for you. But, there are some who will help you stay sicker ..hard to say , bit it is the truth. Take this one day at a time... major decisions need to be held off until you are in a better emotional state. Talk to us , vent, cry, scream, and then find out how to live with this..you are more than capable!!!! Much love and Blessings, Terri

Jul 06, 2016 2:49 PM

Thanks Terri, just early days for me so only just getting used to knowing what it is. Now as you say need to find the best way to go forward from here cheers. xx

Jul 06, 2016 3:06 PM

Yes Yes Yes! Stay active because it helps you feel better,stronger to deal with the pain. I do miles on a recumbent bike and an hour of core and balance work. The only symptom that takes me OUT is sciatica. Oh the misery. You guys take care & as Terri & Alwayz add, be kind with yourself.

Jul 06, 2016 3:14 PM

I intend to, I still walk as much as i can unaided but when the pain kicks in I have to use my stick. Although I don't think this is helping much because I feel like I need to lean on something this helps the pain as its not as intense when i use my sons pushchair. Can't carry on with that he's 3 now so I'm getting a few funny looks from people. Take care and thanks again.

Jul 06, 2016 3:24 PM

Macey, I know exactly what you are saying. I told my neurosurgeon that I wouldn't be able to grocery shop if they had no carts. He laughed at me and made some remark about women in general that rely on carts. I was of 2 minds, I wanted to weep and I wanted to slug him.
I can't walk even a block without a cane or something to hold on to. I will tell you it certainly gives me great empathy for those people who are physically challenged. And I would have to add mentally challenged, as well. The pain makes me crazy.

Jul 06, 2016 3:27 PM

Understand, my doctor had mentioned a roller to me but I wasn't to happy about it but the pain is taking over I think I might have to give in.

Jul 06, 2016 3:31 PM

I would of slugged them x

Jul 06, 2016 3:32 PM

Haha x

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community