Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fibromyalgia

Dec 06, 2014 2:07 PM

I was diagnosed in jan so im still learning i feel like im getting worse! This is a awful illness.

Dec 06, 2014 6:09 PM

Hey jess, glad you are here. I was recently diagnosed , getting worse too. It is awful. But there is a whole group of people here who actually care and will always listen to your cares and complaints....trust me I do plenty of complaining here. So feel free to speak your mind. I know some of the more seasoned people here will have some suggestions for you. I am always here for you too.

Dec 07, 2014 1:56 PM

Hi, Jess I was diagnosed with FM 20 years ago, i to was feeling the same way, but educating yourself and eating healthy and REST, helps me. I have learned to listen to my body, and wen it tells me by nausea, I know I am over doing it and headed into a awful flare.
Stay in tune with a good support system, because there will be days you will vent. You will make it, I have and still battling at 45..
I am here
Stephanie

Dec 07, 2014 7:23 PM

Your not alone! I have it. 38, diagnosed at 25, pretty intense symptoms starting 2 years before that, but have always had symptoms ever since high school years. This is a nice forum. Lots of info. I keep on learning and try to be healthy!

Dec 07, 2014 9:21 PM

Steffie is so right. Learning to listen to your body is so important. Just know that this may take time.

Dec 08, 2014 1:24 PM

Hello... Why the insomnia? I realize that even when I think I'm getting sleep I'm either plagued by bad dreams or conscious of the pain in my whole body as I am just lying here. Getting maybe 3 hours of sleep at night. Brain won't stop racing. Finally officially diagnosed with fibro. This site makes me so aware of what I basically had been trying to ignore... Ex: This is never going away.
My flares are always related to stress and I have to sign the papers to sell the house I grew up in. Dad died a few years ago, Mom died this year and now house that has been in my life for 52 years has been taken apart and the house is going. I am flaring... Anyone surprised? Not me! And I have to admit I don't take great care of myself diet wise. Just not a healthy diet. Don't really know what works for this... Any ideas?

Dec 08, 2014 7:48 PM

JustB--sorry about the loss of your parents and house. Diet is really helpful. The more I eat crap the crappier I feel. Now don't get me wrong, I eat my fair share of crap, but... I try to eat as healthy as possible. Stress flares me, doing too much, weather, and my monthly friend (period). I am

Dec 08, 2014 8:10 PM

Sometimes it just is so overwhelming....

Dec 08, 2014 8:32 PM

JustB, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers during this especially trying time for you. We're always here if you need someone to talk to.

Dec 08, 2014 9:31 PM

JustB, I'm so sorry for your loss. I have Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Joint/Disc Disease among other things. Sleep is virtually impossible. The pain stays, even falling into a light sleep, in your subconscious, because it's ALWAYS a part of what's on your mind. I also am plagued with nightmares more often than not. Usually, the meaning of the dream Is I'm trying to escape the pain which usually comes in the form of some scary monster. There is something that gives me some relief for a short time. I try to meditate. I concentrate on my breathing and my body. I start from the top down telling myself that my head is ok and "push" the pain down. Then repeat the process until you have "pushed" the pain all the way down and out your feet. When you finish, you'll either drift off to sleep or you'll just be so relaxed that you would just relax and snuggle up with a blanket and a good book. Make sure to listen to your body. If you're hurting really badly then rest. I wish you luck and I'm here for all of you to chat, laugh, vent, etc...

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community