Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fibromyalgia

Nov 06, 2015 10:15 PM

Got diagnosised with fibromyalgia, tried amitripylne and gabepenin neither work. . Just found out in August so a long road ahead of me. To depressed and tired and lack of motivation to start to work out.

Nov 07, 2015 6:39 AM

Sara15 don't give up. it takes time to fine what works and what doesn't. it's still a good life. Different life but it will be ok.

Nov 07, 2015 7:09 AM

Hi, thinking of you but wanted you to know that dealing with Fibromalygia or any chronic pain is tough. I am having difficulty taking any medications for my medical conditions. I pray it gets better for you and all of us real soon.

Nov 07, 2015 9:20 PM

Um having pain in my teeth anyone else have this, they are sore but not loose

Nov 07, 2015 9:24 PM

Mom dukes I have pain alot. Almost feels like toothache.

Nov 07, 2015 9:41 PM

I have almost constant pain in my jaw, sometimes my gums makes it feel like tooth pain.

Nov 07, 2015 9:45 PM

Yes momdukes ..i have it quite often

Nov 07, 2015 9:45 PM

Sara, does the pain feel like it's coming from your temple area and is the pain worse with chewing?

Nov 07, 2015 10:02 PM

It's in my jaw hinges if that's what you call it. Doesn't seem to be horrible when I chew but when I'm not chewing it throbs

Nov 07, 2015 10:14 PM

Finding the right meds for anything is complicated. If only meds would work the same for everyone.

Last year one pain clinic told me for a medication to be deemed effective and make it to the market it only has to work 33 percent and that I am already 33 percent better there is nothing more they could do for me. I went to a second pain clinic in a different medical system who also told me there was nothing more they could do for me. It is discouraging for sure but I keep trying and hoping that light at the end of the tunnel is not a train. ( : If you give up you are giving up on yourself.

I also have jaw pain and clenching at night which makes my teeth and gums hurt to the jaw bone.

Nov 07, 2015 11:15 PM

Sara and sham, that sounds like something I also have called TMJ. Does it sound like your jaw will pop, click or even like lock up on you?

Nov 08, 2015 8:54 AM

I had that and was recently diagnosed with severe TMJ. It's not a happy feeling that's for sure. I would have an ENT check you over. Sending gentle {{{Hugs}}} and prayers that all goes well.🙏🏻🌻

Nov 08, 2015 9:10 AM

I have TMJ also. So I'm not sure if it's that or the fibro flaring up

Nov 08, 2015 3:22 PM

My motivation is low also seems like no matter what I do it does not work or things get better only to get worse again. But I can say the feeling u get when u know u have done all u can to better yourself is the best feeling . I started out with a very short time a day . like 10 min a day for a week or two.

Nov 08, 2015 3:24 PM

Do you have a workout plan or just do little things?

Nov 08, 2015 8:25 PM

Amanda I have had the for 20 some years but in the last 10 or so the pain has increased extremely some days I can barely eat or talk it hurts so bad. Like every tooth in my mouth is completely full of decay.

Nov 08, 2015 9:18 PM

Since the weather changes rain, cold, lots of pain all over, jaw fell like tooth ache, headaches.

Nov 09, 2015 5:57 AM

I also have fms. I've tried lots of mess and they don't agree with me. So I'm trying to manage my pain with pain killers and acupuncture.

Nov 09, 2015 10:56 AM

Try self trigger point yherapy for your teeth! The book is awesome and has helped me a lot. Just look up self tigger point therapy on AmAzon

Nov 09, 2015 2:01 PM

I get the jaw pain too, especially with having my last wisdom tooth coming in, it almost feels like my top row are decayed and want to come loose from my gums. Sometimes I chew on a teething toy (it sounds really silly but some days it's the only way to get the ache to calm down)
I Do find with the right Essential oils you can help sooth the inflamed muscles or calm the head aches to certain extent

Has anyone tried acupuncture for fibro? What was your experience?

Nov 09, 2015 2:49 PM

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about seven years ago. It's just one of many autoimmune diseases that I've been diagnosed with. It has taken a long time but I finally have my meds tweaked to where I can function most days. I also had severe migraines on a weekly basis. I started receiving Botox injections for the migraines and the doctor also injects Botox for my TMJ. The Botox has been life changing for me. I do find that weather changes really affect my pain level. I think the most important thing is having a doctor who listens to you and works with you. You need to share everything with your physician as far as your pain and mental wellness. Having a chronic illness definitely caused me to slip into depression, which makes pain worse. It's a vicious cycle, also a difficult process finding what will work for you. What works for one person might not work for the next. The main thing is never stop trying and if you're not happy with your doctor find one that listens. I feel very fortunate to have a doctor was been able to help me. Nuvigil is something that has helped me tremendously with the chronic fatigue. Try to stay positive and never stop searching for what works for you ❤ I can honestly say I feel your pain.

Nov 09, 2015 9:23 PM

Sara15, Each one of us reacts differently to fibro and the various methods of treatments. It may take time to figure out what works best for you. I'm trying to walk a treadmill 10-20 minutes a day, but my goal is 30 min 5 days a week. Exercise seems to help me feel a little better. I'm allergic to most meds so I'm limited on that route. Good luck! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Momdukes, I have TMJ & TMJD, and when it flares my teeth hurt. 🙏🌼

Nov 09, 2015 10:10 PM

Thank you so so much to everyone! Love the support and advise!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community