Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fibromyalgia

Nov 18, 2016 3:38 PM

Hi all!!. New on here.. i have had a fibromyalgia diagnosis for 8 years.. i take propranalol ( also have debilitating migraines), pregablin, duloxotine and adcals...i also have hyper mobile joint syndrome... i like to do pilates which helps everywhere except my arms!!...im currently struggling with sleep... no amount of routine will help me nod off!!!.... any tips??

Nov 18, 2016 8:14 PM

Hi stagefrightgirl and welcome.
I don't have fibromialga myself but I do have trigeminal neuralgia which also causes me to tense so I have a lot of associated pain in my shoulders and neck.
I struggle with sleep too.
I've got a electric diffuser and mix lavender oil with the water so it helps with relaxing me. I also have a wheatgerm bag which you heat in the microwave and put it round my neck, it also has a subtle fragrance of lavender.
I also 3 times a week soak for about 20 minutes in a hot bath with Epsom Salts, I find that it helps to relax my tense muscles. Keeping my bedroom a quiet and relaxing room helps. I've also found not to watch or read action, horror, suspense stuff that keeps you thinking.
I'm sorry I can't help much more. I do all this and I still wake in the night with painsomnia but what sleep I get I try to make it as restorative as possible.
Good luck xx

Nov 18, 2016 9:07 PM

For sleep...Chamomile infusions.... But use the freshest ingredients. Infuse brew until almost cool for strength. Other herbal preparations might include lemon balm, catnip, and valerian. However, be careful with the Valerian. Make your own blend of the above. For example 1 Teaspoon : 1part Chamomile, 1/2 part lemon balm, 1/4 parts catnip and valerian. Adjust accordingly for taste and efficacy. Sweeten w Honey.

Nov 19, 2016 7:33 AM

Thanks everyone for comments... il invest in tips and report back.. gentle hugs to all.xxx

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community