Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fibromyalgia

May 03, 2017 9:34 AM

I'm newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia and would like to know how other people deal with the pain

May 03, 2017 10:07 AM

One of the best things I TRY to do is not get stressed out. That's the clincher for me. If I get stressed I'm guaranteed to be in pain. I also take aleve, gabapentin for nerve pain, muscle relaxers, use a traction device on my neck, rest, stretch and when things get really bad I take a morphine pill. I also soak in a hot bath with Epsom salts. I pray and pray that if God wills it to take the pain and if that's not His will to please give me strength and perseverance with joy. To be honest as with everyone I do better on some days than others.

May 03, 2017 10:09 AM

Oh and I also get massages.

May 03, 2017 11:03 AM

I have Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis. The best thing to do is start building a pain kit..things you can use or do when the pain is bad. Some of the items in my kit are Lyrica, Cymbalta, muscle relaxers, massage, Tylenol Arthritis, Tens unit, hot and cold packs, epsom salt rub, magnesium gel, turmeric and other herbs, comfy shoes and clothes, easy prep meals in the freezer, etc.

May 03, 2017 11:11 AM

I take opioids, nerve medication, and muscle relaxers. Wear a Quell unit ( whole body tens machine). Hot baths and heat pads. Walks in morning and afternoon. DoTerra deep blue and icy hot with lidocane. I get a massage every 2 weeks.

May 03, 2017 11:41 AM

I agree with all the above. I do like TriciaS does with a pain kit. I keep it next to my bed. (except the cold packs and prep meals.

I have a. Thermophor (so?) it's a heating pad (i got the big one) it produces its own moisture. Not dropping wet mind you but a damping moist heat. Works great have had it for 20 years about now.

I'm addition in my pain pack I have a few books I love including my bible. A photo album of great memories and of photos printed off the net of beutiful animals or places. And a few DVDs of my favorite movies to put in to watch or fall asleep to. As well as my phone is always with me to play a playlist of soothing music to relax to and or fall asleep to.

I hope all of our sugestions help. You really have to try what works best for you. And as always we are here!!!!

May 05, 2017 3:56 PM

Thank you all. This was quite informative but they put me on mobic for now and I take muscle relaxers everyday with no relief­čśó

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community