Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Fibromyalgia

May 20, 2018 5:24 AM

Just got recently diagnosed with this. Iā€™m 25 and not sure how to deal with this.

May 20, 2018 7:35 AM

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry you have fibro. I do to. I suggest you find things that help. Read through some posts on here. Heat helps some people. Heating pad or electric blanket. Soak in warm tub with 1-2 cups of Epsom salt. TENS unit helps some people. You can find them on Amazon. Magnesium helps some people. These are a few things. I hope they help.

May 20, 2018 8:39 AM

Hi Andyfick, sorry to hear of your diagnosis I have fibromyalgia too. It's a learning curve to understand how to manage the pain. I always say as long as it's safe and affordable for your budget try it. I have, medication wise, codeine, naproxen, diazepam and vitamins but I also find benefit from holistic treatments such as Epsom salt baths, fibromyalgia based yoga, breathing techniques, regular gentle exercise like slow swimming or walking and I've just started an anti inflammatory diet and found some benefit in terms of my fatigue.

Take care Hayley šŸŒˆ

May 20, 2018 1:36 PM

Thank you. Not sure what kind of meds they will put me on

May 20, 2018 3:42 PM

If you ever need advice you're more than welcome to message me anytime. Take care Hayley šŸŒˆ

May 20, 2018 8:20 PM

Thank you so much

May 26, 2018 1:26 AM

Hello everyone, just join the site. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2003. Its been a,difficult journey. My family and church community have been trying to support me but they don't understand what I am going through. I pray but sometimes its just not enough. I wanted to try talking with people who understand what I am going through.

May 26, 2018 4:57 AM

Welcome to the community Dreamyeyes! Talking to people here has helped me to accept my fibromyalgia and learn how to deal with it other than medicating. Hope you're okay today. Take care love Hayley šŸŒˆ

May 26, 2018 3:59 PM

Hi Hayley, thank you for the warm welcome. I am doing ok, been having headaches and dizziness today but in good spirits. Hope you are doing well today. Look forward to talking to you again. Have a blessed day. Love, Diane

May 27, 2018 8:05 AM

Hi Diane, that's okay.

I'm okay pain wise (usual flu like aches and pains) but my knee is hurting a lot! If it's not one thing it's another lol. I've just been told that I have patellofemoral arthritis, cartilage irregularity and a torn medial ligament. Joyful! I find talking to people here enables me to be able to find the positive and laugh instead of wallow.

I saw in some of your other posts that you're going through a lot too. I'll be thinking of you and if you ever want to chat/laugh your more than welcome to message me. Take care Hayley šŸŒˆ

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community