Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Finally Diagnosed

Apr 22, 2016 11:44 PM

I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia, for certain, after spending so many years of not understanding my pain. I requested a doctor with knowledge in the area of fibro, and she ruled out any other possible problems I could have before diagnosing me and prescribing me cymbalta. I felt a difference in the pain after 5 days. Usually I can never wear high waisted shorts for very long, or I experience burning pain from the limited movement, but I was able to wear a pair for an entire day. The dull pain and heaviness are still there, and the burning comes back at times, but for the most part, the shootings pains and spasms I felt have subsided. The fire I felt is more like a flame now. I'm still taking an antidepressant I was previously taking that had stopped working, and the cymbalta has helped to improve my mental state as well. This is just a TOTAL gift to me, to be able to continue working and living and functioning like I need to. Just wanted to share for anyone else experiencing mysterious muscle pain, or pain of any kind. It's so wonderful when you finally find your solution, even if it's only an improvement. Don't give up.

Apr 23, 2016 8:06 AM

It's nice of you to share. Many many people in this community have the same diagnosis. I am not one of them. But I suffer from severe chronic pain, muscle weakness because my body is attacking my muscles. SHAME on my BODY!!! Anyway this isn't about me it's about you! I am glad now you can get info on what to do for yourself that will help manage things for you. And just being able to talk to people who understand is huge! Majorly huge! They come up with things you don't even consider so many times. Welcome! I am glad you have decided to join us. We are glad you are part of our family now and forever. We will laugh with you, cry with you, research, question, experience new things, try the good the bad and the ugly! Kick up your heels and stay as long as you want. Sip on some prune juice!! 😂 😜🔍 🇨🇾♥️

Apr 23, 2016 3:06 PM

💐

Apr 23, 2016 10:00 PM

I'm so glad the cymbalta is helping. It worked well for me for six months, then I began having bad side effects. It was more due to my genetic defects of metabolizing and absorption of meds, rather than cymbalta specifically. My allergy list of meds takes up 2/3 of a sheet of paper! Lol. I have fibro and many other issues, and the Plaquenil for my sjogrens has been my blessing. But I'm not able to work due to so many things. I hope and pray you can continue to work as long as possible. Enjoy as much of life that you can. But be good to yourself, pamper yourself, on days you need to. Hugs & prayers! 🙂💕🙏🌼

Apr 26, 2016 2:11 AM

Queenofpixels, I am so very happy to hear that after you received your diagnosis and were put on the Cymbalta that you began to feel better. It stands to reason that it has helped with your mental status as it is an antidepressant. It is wonderful to hear that someone who has been suffering with such pain has gotten relief and is able to work and carry on with a mostly normal way of living. I hope that it continues to work and that after time, your pain completely deminishes so that you may not need all of the medication and that you are able to continue to live a fulfilled and happy life. Have a blessed day. {{Hugs}}💕🙏🏻🌻😊

Apr 26, 2016 12:52 PM

I love how supportive and friendly this community is, thank you all for the good wishes and prayers and hugs, etc! ❤️

Apr 30, 2016 6:23 AM

I'm so very happy for you.

Apr 30, 2016 11:49 AM

Phenomenal! So glad you are finding some relief & can get back some life that got stuck in downward spiral. A diagnosis after so long is great! Good luck. 💖

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community