We kicked off football season for my high school age son tonight. I love watching him play, but I can't just show up and tell and take pictures. I have to plan. Here's my go-to game day routine:
- Rest up. I'll spend a lot of energy at the game.
- Invest in a good chair. Bleachers and I do NOT get along.
- Eat first. Game food smells good, but triggers my pain. Avoid temptation by going full
- Bring Ear Plugs. It's loud, loud, LOUD at the game. I fight migraines. This little nod to my body's needs lets me go, yell and cheer and come home migraine free.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. I am usually colder than the people around me. I even get comments about my constantly having a hoody with me. If I get cold, I pay for it in pain, so I bring layers and rain gear 'just in case'
- Hydrate. It can also be hot at games. Keep hydrated.
So there it is. My winning game plan. I'd love to hear what you do to successfully enjoy major events.