Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Frustrated

Nov 02, 2015 5:00 PM

I AM SO FRUSTRATED NOW . I WENT FOR MY APPEAL ON LAST MONTH ON THE 5TH .THE JUDGE REQUESTED SOME MEDICAL RECORD THAT I THOUGHT THEY ALREADY HAD ...LONG STORY SHORT JUST FOUND OUT TODAY THAT MY CASEWORKER/REPRESENTATIVE SAID HE JUST RESUBMITTED ANOTHER REQUEST FOR THEM AND IT MAY TAKE 7 TO 14 DAYS BEFORE THEY MAY GET THEM.

Nov 02, 2015 5:05 PM

Hang in there. Took me 4 yrs to get mine.

Nov 02, 2015 5:07 PM

FEELING HELPLESS , USE TO WORKING . SPOUSE THE ONLY ONE WORKING .

Nov 02, 2015 5:10 PM

I understand. I didn't work outside the home, but when I couldn't do the things I used to do, it frustrated me. No one did the things I couldn't do anymore correctly. We'll at least correctly in my view. I can emphasize and sympathize.

Nov 02, 2015 5:13 PM

Thanks Cearea

Nov 02, 2015 5:21 PM

You are welcome

Nov 02, 2015 7:50 PM

Hang in there! Im in the same boat. I hsd my hearing September 22nd and still waiting. My lawyer said I won, but I still have to wait.

Nov 02, 2015 7:53 PM

Once the hearing was done, which took 5 min btw (lawyers did this so they could get a piece of our pie, y'all do know that right?) It took 3 or 4 months to get my back pay.

Nov 02, 2015 8:16 PM

Melram1981 Thanks for the encouragement. But at least you know already that you have won your case . I was told I should have an answer in 6 to 8 weeks .
14 months since filing
Been off work 19 months

Nov 02, 2015 8:19 PM

Care how long has it been for you ? If you don't mind me asking

Nov 02, 2015 8:20 PM

I meant Cearea (sorry )

Nov 02, 2015 8:33 PM

Sorry Cearea I just looked back on an earlier post you say how long. I really do think it varies from State to State . The length of time it takes .

Nov 02, 2015 8:42 PM

I filed in 2009 had my first hearing lost it, just had my second hearing. So its been 5 years that I have been fighting and unable to work. I swear they need to have a better process.

Nov 02, 2015 8:50 PM

I'm in Texas. I could never get disability because I never worked and when I was disabled in 1987, my husband was already making to much money for me to get it. After he was killed in the line of duty 8 yrs ago, I owned my house, free and clear. I couldn't get it because of that. Sold it. Moved to an apt. Have the boys some money. Then in 2009 I filed. I got it 4 yrs later. Then I was able to get my widows benefits last yr.

Nov 02, 2015 9:01 PM

So what you do just keep telling your Rep person to Appeal it.

Nov 02, 2015 9:05 PM

I had to hire a real lawyer. She took 20 percent of my back pay. They only gave me a yr of back pay instead of the 4 yrs I should have been awarded. I'm just lucky I got it at all. It wasn't the money I wanted so much as the medical.

Nov 02, 2015 9:15 PM

Well the Lawyer I have. If I loose I owe them nothing .

Nov 02, 2015 9:22 PM

They work on a contingency basis. They all do.

Nov 02, 2015 9:30 PM

I passed the nonmedical part applies on my own in march they say they sent my medical to salem while I live in Portland,OR hope for an answer soon i have wonderful Dr. Here but being homeless sucks hope i get accepted. This time because they it's really getting cold out have my name on every waiting list for housing in both countries there's a lot of homeless here in Portland

Nov 02, 2015 10:02 PM

I am in Texas too, I filed almost 2 1/2 years ago have been denied three times because they can... By the definition on the Social Security website I meet and exceed their criteria with my scoliosis curve alone before and leukemia or autoimmune issues are considered. I started with an attorney from the beginning (thought it might make a difference), but hey I don't look sick. (Sarcasm intended)It is just a truly f'ed up system. I am only trying for disability not SSI. The only time your finances come into it are if you are trying to obtain SSI not SSD. Since my filing I have sold my house that was paid in full and I just live with a friend in the spare bedroom. I feel your frustration. The really shitty part is that 'we' all of us that have busted our assess paying into a corrupt system have to fight so damn hard to obtain benefits that we genuinely need. The judges are employees of the government so we cannot even vote their sorry ass out. Since Texas did not expand their medicaid program, I cannot qualify for any insurance program even Obama care. I can get a catastrophic policy for 600.00 a month with a 7,000 deductible hmmm why bother. Being a financially responsible and educated adult seems to be held against me. Having worked in the medical field for 20 years it is appalling to hear some of the reasons my patients received assistance when they really just wanted a hand out and to be lazy. I worked longer than I really should have but that is how it goes when your career is your passion. I would rather be working and healthier in less pain than begging for Social Security Disability Insurance. I am pretty sure we all would. So yes, frustrated barely begins to describe how I feel about it. Wishing you good luck with your case.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community