I am a 19 year old female student. I have been suffering from chest pain and thoracic back pain for 6 months. I went to the ER and had tests done, was told I may have a blood clot in my lung and given blood thinning medication for three months. After this, the pain continued, I was referred back where the haematologist told me that this was incorrect and I did not have signs of a blood clot in the first place when it came to the scans. He then told me to take a course of Omeprazole to see if it was acid related, there was no change in pain after this. I also had a gastroscopy done which said I had gastritis which wasn't related to these particular symptoms. My GP has now referred me to the rheumatologist, as he said he has no idea what it is, however the appointment is in another months time.
- Stiffness and inability to twist/bend my spine properly after day at work, or just walking around and carrying anything (even light items)
- Pain in the thoracic spine that radiates to the shoulder blades, chest and shoulder joints and neck on some occasions
- Sometimes the pain is brought on randomly and is more intense when breathing, coughing or sneezing
- Fatigue (Not sure if this is related or may be due to inactive ess)
- Occasional numbness in my lower legs
I have tried
- Blood thinning medications
- Hot water bottles and various heat packs
I am looking for some advice and guidance from those with a similar experience. Any ideas as to what it could be and good ways to deal with the pain?