Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Frustration......

May 18, 2016 7:38 AM

Good morning all! Sorry I haven't gotten on here much lately; I've been having a hard time staying positive. They cancelled my doc appt that took me 2 months to get as he's now out that day. My symptoms seem to be getting worse at night and I've been having these episodes that remind me of seizures. Goodness they hurt SOOOO bad and I'm helpless to stop them. I have to just fight thru them. I stopped taking my neurotin - it doesn't help my pain and I found out one of the side effects are loss of brain function. It causes ur synapses to slow their firing process. If it helped I would've dealt with the side effects, but I just don't see the point when it's not helping. I feel like these doctors don't listen to me and I'm coming to my wits end!!! There has to be some relief of the for me!

May 18, 2016 10:12 PM

Stopping neurontin can cause seizures, as the medication is an anti-epileptic drug, if not stopped by slowly reducing the amount you're on over a period of time!!

May 19, 2016 7:56 AM

Thx. I had been off the neurotin for some time before these 2 incidents happened and had slowed my intake before just quitting. I've been dealing with all this for around 14 yrs now and always make sure to "ween" myself off anything that doesn't help me, except lyrica as it made me start to lose my vision and my doc said to immediately stop taking it.

May 19, 2016 2:45 PM

Dleigh, I'm sorry you are still struggling to find relief & get in to see the doctor. It's rude when they change your appts like that. My hubby just had the same thing happen and now he has to wait another 2 mos.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community