Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Frustration

Dec 15, 2016 9:15 AM

I am so frustrated. I moved out of my parents house and became completely independent when I was 20 now I'm 25 and I can't even keep my house clean because of the pain and exhaustion. All I can barely do is work then nothing. Today my frustration reached an all time high when I tried to do dishes that have piled up in only 5min. work then 10 min. rest increments.

Dec 15, 2016 9:25 AM

I know what you mean. Me too. That's all I can do. Work then rest and I have a cat and dog. Their fur everywhere. Hope your pain decreases.

Dec 15, 2016 9:48 AM

I hear ya. Does go with the territory unfortunately. And all the variables that make us feel worse. I have to go out in sub zero with 60mph winds to take my Dad to the doctor because none of my other 4 brothers or sisters will do it. (They're just busy and work). And it's snowing. Such a joy to behold... NOT!!!
It's ok though. Hope we don't have to wait long

Dec 15, 2016 10:12 AM

Oh no the dreaded H and C words.....if you come to my house I do the bare minimum because I can't do more than that and that's doing a nice steady 15 minutes cleaning then 15 minutes resting and I stay in one room until that's finished then do the next room the next day depending on how big the room is and how messy the room is but there are 2 rooms I won't clean first one is my daughters bedroom but she's mostly tidy anyway the second room I woke go near....my 14 year old son's bedroom. It's a tip, he has everything thrown all over the place rubbish, plates, bowls and clothes.....once a week I switch the router off and hide it until their rooms are clean and all washing up from their rooms is done by them. Their rooms are just too hard fore plus they've got to pull their weight as well.

I hope things get easier for you and I'm sending you positive vibes and warm healing hugs xx

Dec 15, 2016 12:41 PM

It can be frustrating. One of the hardest things I had to learn was that it was ok if my house isn't perfect. I try to accomplish one task a day. Of I wash dishes I let them dry in the sink then put them away the next day. If I sweep then I wait to mop until later. If sweeping isn't possible there's always the Rumba.

I am 57. I am also my mom's care giver so I rent a room in their house so I am always close in case. There are some things I can't let go. (like dishes) but thankfully there's a dishwasher... That's a huge help!

Dec 15, 2016 1:45 PM

We all have to pace our activities with rest periods. Otherwise we'd never get anything done. I stopped trying to keep my house perfectly clean (like I use to) 4 years ago. If I manage to keep it tidy I'm doing great. But I definitely only do one thing at a time; using spoons.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community