Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Gabapentin

Oct 28, 2016 6:06 AM

Ever since I started taking gabapentin I've been feeling really down.
I've been on it for two weeks now.
Does that feeling ever go away?

I also take lyrica and have never had that issue with it

Oct 28, 2016 6:20 AM

Every medication reacts differently in other people's systems, but I've been on it a almost 8 month's now and I never had that problem with it, at least that I can remember.

Oct 28, 2016 7:39 AM

Yes... it takes about 2weeks for ur body to adjust..🤔. each time u up the dose... 🤗but be carefull of the side effects and read the innstruction leaflet so u r informed. ⚘
Lyrica is a sister drug of gabapentin called pregabalin...😚 its a better drug at lower doses... so may i ask why u changed from lyrica to gabapentin? 🤗

Oct 28, 2016 8:21 AM

Gabapentin did nothing for me but Lyrica is great

Oct 28, 2016 8:26 AM

I am still on lyrica 300ml. Bit it doesnt work for me so they put me on gabapentin aswell

Oct 28, 2016 8:29 AM

It sucks that lyrica didnt do anything for my nerve pain. I think they are just trying anything at this point

Oct 28, 2016 9:32 AM

I found Gabepentin helped for a short time then they had to.keep upping the dose. When ingot to a point where it really made a difference I also started blacking out. Usually when in stores or paying bills. That can always be inteteresting.

But I know many people who truly are getting relief from it. We each react differently. I have learned that to get a true idea of whether something will work or not I need to at least give it a month.

Oct 28, 2016 12:57 PM

Check out side effects on www.drugs.com so you can be aware of any adverse reactions or things to report to your doctor.

Oct 30, 2016 11:15 AM

I had Lyrica and it gave me severe vertigo, only I didn't know it was from it until insurance refused to pay and we had to stop it. I take Gabapentin now and it helps some with a fentanyl patch. Idk about the feeling down thing since I feel down so much of the time anyway. Any drug can take 2 - 4 weeks for your body to adjust and any odd side effects or feelings to work out. Of course be aware of any thing that can be an issues like the others mentioned.

Oct 30, 2016 6:53 PM

With me I got side affects from that whole family of drugs but none of them helped with the pain.
I've found that a higher dose of amitriptyline mostly works along side morphine mst and in flair ups I also take naproxen, paracetamol and I also use a lidocaine plaster which numbs the area.

Unfortunately it's trial and error to see what will suit you. You can only try and if it doesn't work then see if there's something else that might work, but always read the info on the meds so you know what possible side affects there are.
Sending you { { { BIG GENTLE LOVING HUGS } } } XX

Oct 31, 2016 3:19 AM

I had an awful time with the Lyrica. It basically zombified me! Gabapentin takes the edge off but doesn't get rid of all the pain. Downfall, I've stacked on the weight.

Oct 31, 2016 6:17 AM

Didn't really have a problem with feeling down when I started gabapentin. The only issue I really had was a horrible headache with it, but keep in mind we each react differently to drugs.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community