Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

giving up

Nov 14, 2015 10:19 PM

I'm done with all this pain and life! My dad's dying, my aunt has cancer , my kids hate me for divorcing their dad 4 years ago and he is the one who left and cheated and my husband doesn't make things easier on that situation with always taking his kid's side of things and never just hearing both sides of the story to get to the bottom of it, I'm just done! I can't take anymore of this! Any suggestions I'm going out of my mind! Sorry for the ranting latley but you all are the only ones who actually listen, I lost all my friends because of the pain and divorce mentioned above.

Nov 14, 2015 11:40 PM

I can sure relate! I'm feeling at the end of my rope most of the time. My dad died in January, and I miss him every day. Please know that we all here wish you a respite from pain and stress, and are praying that you find some reserves of strength. Gentle hugs to you!

Nov 15, 2015 6:39 PM

Moparmom, I wish I could promise it gets easier when facing the loss of loved ones, but I can't guarantee it for anyone. Physically my pain is the best it's been in a long time. So I thought I'd catch up on things today, since I have 8 appts his week, and I'm not looking forward to it. But emotionally I'm having a not so good day. Today's my mom's birthday (lost her in '99 at age 65), and because of this stupid fibro fog I forgot it, and forgot to go put flowers on her grave! I lost my grandad that same year, then had to hold down a job and handle the estate matters. I thought I was going to lose it. I ended up on antidepressants that Christmas and anxiety meds too. The pain of losing them has lessened as they've been replaced by happy memories spent with them.

Just try and spend as much time with your dad & aunt. You can't control how your kids, ex, or hubby feel or act. Focus on you, your dad & aunt. Do what you can to help them, to spend time with them. You're in my thoughts & prayers. (((Hugs))) of support! 🙏🌼

Nov 15, 2015 8:36 PM

Thanks Flappys, it's going to be hard spending time with my dad since he lives 1000 miles away from me. But I can spend time with my aunt since i take care of her. My daughter and I had a falling out and then worked it out somehow, and I am truly happy that we worked it out l and pray that we never have to go thru that again. My dad has a rare blood disorder called LCDD that is causing him pain and is uncaurable and I don't know much about it other than it has a life expeancey of 2 1/2 to 3 years and it starts with killing the kidneys and with his kidneys are only functing at 30-40% so his doctor's say he don't have long. I'm trying to find out as much as I can about it as I can and to see if it's hereditary. I found out about it the same day as my Aunts Cancer then my kids started, it was just not a good day. I still think I'm going to wake up and it be a bad dream. Thank You again Flappy's, you'll be in my prayer's as well for your PT &OT

Nov 16, 2015 9:35 PM

(((Hugs))) & lifting you up in prayers! My heart breaks for you. I had to deal with my mom and grandfather I'll & dying at the same time, so I truly understand. Is there a way to go spend some time with your dad, if just for a few days? 🙏🌼

Nov 16, 2015 9:42 PM

No, money's tight and there will be a lot of chemo for my aunt and not to mention her valve replacement surgery as soon as an ontologist releases her for surgery.

Nov 17, 2015 7:50 AM

I'm so sorry Moparmom. I take it there are no siblings or cousins that could help you out? I now that feeling too. Big (((hugs)))! 🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community